OBS Crashes On Startup

lazerweazel

Good afternoon,

I've used OBS in the past when streaming and I decided to try and get back into it today so I booted up the program and it seemed to load but asked me to update so I did. After that it now only crashes when I try to load OBS and I have updated windows, updated my nvida graphics drivers and even uninstalled OBS and re-installed it. Here is one of my crash logs below, what should I do next?

My specs are Windows 10 64bit, intel i7-8700k, GTX 1080.

Attachments

• OB Crash Log.txt
    47.8 KB · Views: 55

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Update your Intel GPU driver:

lazerweazel

Update your Intel GPU driver:

1st and foremost thank you for taking the time to reply. I tried your suggestion and I get and error when I try to run the intel graphics driver installer.

"Something went Wrong. Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer specifications. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update. Exit Code:1"

Not sure what to do about that since I would imagine the intel link you posted IS the manufacturer's website. Ever heard of this before?

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
That usually happens on laptops where the manufacturer customizes Intel's driver. Check the manufacturer's website to see if they have an updated custom driver, or try uninstalling the existing driver first.

lazerweazel

That usually happens on laptops where the manufacturer customizes Intel's driver. Check the manufacturer's website to see if they have an updated custom driver, or try uninstalling the existing driver first.
Weird since this is a custom built desktop lol. I'll check for what you suggested though thank you. When I have a resolution I'll make sure to post it.

lazerweazel

Weird since this is a custom built desktop lol. I'll check for what you suggested though thank you. When I have a resolution I'll make sure to post it.
So I got OBS to work and here's what I did. Thanks to the suggestion from R1CH I went to intel's graphics drivers updates and found out that I would need to uninstall the original graphics drivers for my processor (I have UHD 630) and install the new drivers afterwards. Worked like a charm.

If anyone sees this post and has other questions about my solution please ask!

SimplyFrankie

So I got OBS to work and here's what I did. Thanks to the suggestion from R1CH I went to intel's graphics drivers updates and found out that I would need to uninstall the original graphics drivers for my processor (I have UHD 630) and install the new drivers afterwards. Worked like a charm.

If anyone sees this post and has other questions about my solution please ask!

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. I have the exact same processor and was running into the same issue but this fixed it. Note: I use an NVIDIA GPU and don't even use the intel GPU.

If anyone else finds this thread here's how I managed to install those drivers:

Download the GPU driver installer for your Intel CPU, open it, but don't click next otherwise you'll get this error:
"Something went Wrong. Your system has a driver that is locked to manufacturer specifications. Please try downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's website to update. Exit Code:1"

Once you have the installer open, go to device manager, and right click the UHD 630 drivers and click uninstall. You might have to do this twice. Then quickly click next on the installer you had opened, and proceed with the installation. If you don't do it this way, windows will automatically reinstall the driver you previously had.

Hope this helps anyone else facing this issue.

syre

Oh my goodness, thank you so much. I have the exact same processor and was running into the same issue but this fixed it. Note: I use an NVIDIA GPU and don't even use the intel GPU.

If anyone else finds this thread here's how I managed to install those drivers:

Download the GPU driver installer for your Intel CPU, open it, but don't click next otherwise you'll get this error:

Once you have the installer open, go to device manager, and right click the UHD 630 drivers and click uninstall. You might have to do this twice. Then quickly click next on the installer you had opened, and proceed with the installation. If you don't do it this way, windows will automatically reinstall the driver you previously had.

Hope this helps anyone else facing this issue.
This didn't work for me, it comes up with:
Something went wrong.
No driver was found that can be installed on the current device.
Exit code: 8.

syre

Nevermind, OBS is working now. I don't know what fixed it but it might have been reinstalling the Intel drivers