Bug Report OBS crashes on start up solved.

Newsplah

Hi
OBS worked fine until I inadvertently clicked on Decklink Output which appears in the drop down under Tools. From then on the programme would only open momentarily and then crash. What is also disturbing is that it affected Wirecast , that too crashed from then on.

I do not have Blackmagic Decklink of any description, only a Blackmagic Ultra Studio Mini Recorder which worked fine before clicking on the Decklink Output menu.

I repeatedly deleting the App and any reference to it in the Application Support library and then reinstalling the software to no avail. A colleague with more IT experience to me suggested that most computer issues are driver related , either out dated or incompatible . That was the clue.

So by going to Applications OBS ( then click on show package contents ) then navigate to resources - OBS plugins I found a file called mac -deck link.so and deleted it .

Bob's your Uncle it all working again now.

I'm running Mac OS Mojave ver 10.14.5

I know nothing about computers and coding . I remember at college being asked to have a PEEK at a programme , five minutes later I told them where to POKE it.

I have included a log file for those of you with far too much time on your hands to be able to
understand these things to digest it over a hot cup of Horlicks or similar bed time drink.

I hope this helps with others with similar issues.

Attachments

• fault log.txt
    85.3 KB · Views: 37

Tia42

I did exactly what you did, but it didn't work. I just updated to 10.14.5. After I deleted the file you mention, I restarted, but I still get the same errors. However, I never clicked on Decklink Output before.

Errors:
Failed to find locale/en-US.ini
Failed to load locale

Attachments

• Fault Log.txt
    122.3 KB · Views: 23