OBS Crashes on shutdown

Hardisk

Hi !

Here's the logfile concerned, my OBS crashes on shutdown 100% of the time in a repeatable manner

Using latest Windows, GPU & OBS version.

Now this seems to happen on the closure event (OBSBasic::closeEvent) and because of the UI DLL Qt6Widgets.dll

The nerd in me immediatly thought this was because there was a problem with my vcredist version wich I promptly updated, to no avail

Anybody has an idea ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Crash 2024-07-04 13-42-36.txt
    150 KB · Views: 26

PaiSand

The crash is happening around the source dock plugin. Make sure it's updated.
Actually, make sure all your plugins are updated and compatible with the version of OBS you're using.

Hardisk

The crash is happening around the source dock plugin. Make sure it's updated.
Actually, make sure all your plugins are updated and compatible with the version of OBS you're using.
Wow ! I uninstalled it and the crash is gone ! Thanks a lot

How did you figure it out ? From reading the crashlog I thought this was a QT dependancy issue ? Would love to learn how to parse these logs better

Thanks again

koala

The crashlog is a collection of info about each thread in OBS at the moment OBS crashed.

An app like OBS is able to do multiple things simultaneously, and a thread is one of these somethings, so there are multiple threads running simultaneously. OBS as a whole will crash if one of its threads crash.

The thread that actually crashed is the first thread section in the crashlog. It contains the "call stack" of that thread. This is the sequence of procedure calls of that thread.
Ignore all the hexadecimal numbers and concentrate on the dll listing at the rightmost column. Read it from bottom up of the section: The Windows kernel calls obs.exe, from obs "main" is called (this is where OBS starts executing at app launch), from main some qt6 dll is called (that's the library that creates the OBS gui), and at the top in qt6widgets.dll!0x7ffe1f55168a the thread actually crashed.

However, look the call below that: that's source-dock.dll!frontend_event+0x1b7. This means the source-dock plugin was actively doing something, calling some qt6widgets functionality (the top entry), and that crashed. This means this plugin didn't properly call that function, so it's reasonably safe to assume there is something wrong with that plugin.

Last edited: