Question / Help OBS Crashes on Capture Minecraft

Marcus101RR

OBS Crashes on Capture Minecraft

Game Capture with Hotkey (F12) or any other option.

2 Weeks ago I was able to capture Minecraft window without issue, however, now since the new update from Minecraft and the new update from OBS, I am unable to do so. The result is as follows:

uUA7yeh.png

I was able to do this just fine, I have no idea why this is happening all of the sudden. I even have on Twitch proof that I was able to record the window of minecraft before not to long ago. What causes this? I can capture any other game just fine, however, I have to restart OBS, or brute force all interactions because it appears that the gamehooking dll is still running but unable to do anything. So trying to capture a different window won't work.

After shutting down everything obs related, it goes back to acting normal. However, Minecraft is NOT an option.

Harold

That's not OBS crashing on capture. That's minecraft crashing because you have the broken nvidia driver version installed (378.49)

Update your driver.

Marcus101RR

That's not OBS crashing on capture. That's minecraft crashing because you have the broken nvidia driver version installed (378.49)

Update your driver.
I wouldn't consider my driver broken, more less it sounds like MineCraft/OBS have been updated and optimized with a later version of GFX Drivers, in other words old drivers won't work anymore. I'll check nvidia and report back.

Rodney

Forum Moderator
Hotfix updates are not distributed through GeForce Experience. Stupid, but it's still nvidia messing up and @Harold being right.

Marcus101RR

Still nvidia

Agreed.

Hotfix updates are not distributed through GeForce Experience. Stupid, but it's still nvidia messing up and @Harold being right.

Also, agreed, but honestly if a company provides an application that checks for latest drivers, then a hotifx is considered to be the LATEST driver as of yet. NVidia starting to show its true colors, in any case. RESOLVED because this literally just fixed the damn issue.

Thank you.

Harold

We've only been dealing with it since the driver came out.

Valve noticed the problem with their streaming components too.

Hell even factorio noticed.

Marcus101RR

We've only been dealing with it since the driver came out.

Valve noticed the problem with their streaming components too.

Hell even factorio noticed.

Seems thought it only affected Java-based applications or any JAVA-used data. I have not noticed any other issues regarding that.

Classic Queen

I used this fix to help prevent crashing when I have Studio opened. The driver (378.57) fixed the crash and now it captures in Studio just fine using Game Capture. Thank you!