OBS Crashes constantly during live stream

jediknight36

I have just started live streaming, just to see what is involved. But my OBS keeps crashing. Sometimes minutes into a stream, sometimes hours. I dont see anything in the logs that is standing out to me as "HEY DUMMY! FIX THIS!" but maybe Im missing something. Ive included all logs so far, in hopes there is a pattern to be found. The stream will often stay actve even though obs crashed, so a singel frozen frame will stay.

Edit: I am just now seeing I could upload these to the github but I already compressed them here so have at them. I thank you in advance.

Attachments

• OBS logs.zip
    45.7 KB · Views: 12

PaiSand

Update or remove the outdated plugin you have installed.

Run OBS as admin.
As long as you have good behavior online you don't need any other security suit than the one that comes with windows. Third party security apps use to be too intrusive and causes issues.

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS. Yes, do restart OBS at this point.
Test. If everything goes well, you're done.

jediknight36

Update or remove the outdated plugin you have installed.

Run OBS as admin.
As long as you have good behavior online you don't need any other security suit than the one that comes with windows. Third party security apps use to be too intrusive and causes issues.

Run the Auto-configuration Wizard and apply the settings it gives. Do NOT change anything.
Restart OBS. Yes, do restart OBS at this point.
Test. If everything goes well, you're done.
Sorry for the late reply.

Webroot shouldn't be interfering, but I do have a couple of AVs that are inactive. Its part of a larger network that is managed. IF it is, please let me know so I can make exceptions.

It worked for quite a bit, about a week, without crashing. Then crash today out of nowhere. I did the recommended actions after the crash, and it crashed again not long after.

PaiSand

First, identify what you added (if you did) before the issue started.
Anti viruses are too intrusive and end causing issues. The only one not this intrusive is the one that comes with windows. As long as you have good behavior online you don't need any other third party AV.
A crash report is needed. If no crash report is found then the issue is caused by something else. You should check the Windows error logs, specifically for the apps errors to see what is interfering with OBS.

Make sure the drivers are up to date and that the hardware is not too old. I'm not familiar with the CPU and GPU you are using in there, so I guess are old enough. If this is the case, you're stuck with older versions of OBS (look in download section for link to it) and you need to stay on this. But again, I'm not familiar with this GPU so I can be wrong here.

Lawrence_SoCal

Webroot shouldn't be interfering, but I do have a couple of AVs that are inactive. Its part of a larger network that is managed. IF it is, please let me know so I can make exceptions.

"shouldn't" doesn't count (isn't good enough). And depends on _exactly_ what you mean by 'inactive'...
I had a mobile workstation and had issue with simple 1080p streaming due to the security software on the system. A much lower-end system did fine. The security software itself wasn't the issue, it was the security teams approach for general end-user machines conflicting with the requirements of livestreaming.

Multiple security software stacks... unfortunate reality in many circumstances
Multiple antivirus software installed ... a sign, usually, of a completely screwed up environment (though possible on certain, non-overlapping functions enabled, but still bad practice). If what you are doing is 'corporate endorsed'' (ie leadership of this larger network), then time to get Desktop Support involved to configure the security tools to not interfere (and that may or may not be easy to do, hence needing leadership support, as IT Security Team will most likely need to make some exceptions for your system)

Depending on use case, I'd be inclined to start with a dedicated streaming computer, otherwise locked down.
- This will make IT Security team more comfortable that the exceptions being granted won't cause vulnerabilities in other typical end-user activity (email, web browsing, etc)... but, depends on circumstances

However, that appears to be a 12-yr old CPU. Do you have a SSD, or HDD? Realistically, I expect you are bottlenecked somewhere.
Try again with 30fps, not 60. Monitor hardware resource utilization (CPU, GPU, RAM, Disk I/O etc,)

jediknight36

"shouldn't" doesn't count (isn't good enough). And depends on _exactly_ what you mean by 'inactive'...
I had a mobile workstation and had issue with simple 1080p streaming due to the security software on the system. A much lower-end system did fine. The security software itself wasn't the issue, it was the security teams approach for general end-user machines conflicting with the requirements of livestreaming.

Multiple security software stacks... unfortunate reality in many circumstances
Multiple antivirus software installed ... a sign, usually, of a completely screwed up environment (though possible on certain, non-overlapping functions enabled, but still bad practice). If what you are doing is 'corporate endorsed'' (ie leadership of this larger network), then time to get Desktop Support involved to configure the security tools to not interfere (and that may or may not be easy to do, hence needing leadership support, as IT Security Team will most likely need to make some exceptions for your system)

Depending on use case, I'd be inclined to start with a dedicated streaming computer, otherwise locked down.
- This will make IT Security team more comfortable that the exceptions being granted won't cause vulnerabilities in other typical end-user activity (email, web browsing, etc)... but, depends on circumstances

However, that appears to be a 12-yr old CPU. Do you have a SSD, or HDD? Realistically, I expect you are bottlenecked somewhere.
Try again with 30fps, not 60. Monitor hardware resource utilization (CPU, GPU, RAM, Disk I/O etc,)
That probably not a bad idea. This couldnt be my gfx card, based on the logs, could it?

Im using my old work pc/media server as the streamer and I believe the gfx card is going out. Something inside buzzes a lot when OBS crashed.

I am kind of a noob in IT (20yrs experience but very little formal training), but I am the IT dept at my org. That said, I should probably get rid of PANDA at this point. I use it as the "nanny" when I torrent things to the pc. But webroot does the same thing.