Question / Help OBS crashes before opening

modeloficer

being using OBS all fine. Had an issue and closed the program. it seems not to have closed correctly and now all i get is failed to locate message. what I'm i doing wrong?

modeloficer

@Fenrir i deleted all files. in my launchpad the OBS wouldn't delete. so i clicked on it and it worked but said files were missing. So i downloaded again and it seems to be working again. very strange. keep you posted as i will be using over the next few days.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Thank you for uploading the log files here as well, that helps a ton.

I'll keep checking in to this with the rest of the team and let you know if I find anything else out. Thank you for being very patient with us!

modeloficer

No worries. Just to let you know by deleting everything and reloading i have managed to get the program running again as it was. not sure what i did at all other than the removal.

drfrankensara

I think I'm getting a similar problem, though deleting and reinstalling hasn't helped. It crashes instantly and when it prompts me to reopen it gives me the error message "Failed to find locale/en-US.ini" and then "Failed to load locale." It was working fine earlier yesterday and then all the sudden I tried to reopen it and it stopped working. I didn't notice that it closed improperly the last time I used it.

EDIT: I had to go directly into my Library and application support to delete a few other files but it seems to have finally reinstalled properly.

Last edited: