OBS Crash During Stream - Scene Changes

WGL

Hi there,

I have had crashes during streams, however, no crash log seems to be generated.

I am using an elgato stream deck to swap between scenes which is when the crash occurs. I have attempted troubleshooting it by rapidly changing scenes and this seems to make it crash as I said this only occurs when I am live though. However, when I am actually doing my livestream I am rarely rapidly changing scene and it still seems to crash it. As far as I am aware I am not overloading the CPU. And the computer should be capable of handling it.

I have reinstalled OBS and the el-gato stream deck it still seems to crash regardless. I have attached both my current and last log file.

I am grateful for any help.

https://obsproject.com/logs/qooqF2jpTzH9SZmU (last log file)

https://obsproject.com/logs/d6oN_iUaqAiUTa0Z (current log file)

Thank you.

WGL

Hi Rich,

It doesn't record a crash report when it occurs - is this because I am ending the process through task manager?

Sukiyucky

There are several things going on in your system that can be causing the crash. Today I've seen another user who has multiple window capture sources in a scene. It is best to not do that and only have one window capture per scene. The person who I was helping was switching scenes and I saw the crash log that showed the sequence of events that led up to it. The problem was he had too many window capture sources and switching creating a exception fault when the window capture source was hidden.

Since you have a similar scene setup, see if the problem goes away with only one window capture per scene. If you have to, go out and create a separate scene for each window capture source.

Since you are switching scenes using StreamDeck, I noticed an error loading the DLL in the log. I do not have this showing up in my logs as a StreamDeck user. So you got something setup wrong as well. What could be happening is that OBS will fail in it's call to the non-existing DLL and crash. So make sure you got the current version of StreamDeck as well:

10:48:40.201: Failed to load 'en-US' text for module: 'StreamDeckPlugin.dll'

Without a crash report to give an idea of the calling stack structure leading up to it, there's nothing we can do to help other than make educated guesses. But try the suggestions above and report back.

WGL

Just bumping this as I still am unsure what the issue is and am still having the same problem.

Thanks.

Lexamer

I have encountered the same problem when changing scenes, when I click on the OBS windows, it says" not responding", Ive tried a few times and have to end task under "task manager".
then I try again and wait for about 1 min, it does successfully change the scene. OBS 25.0.8, 64bit,windows.