Question / Help OBS could not find locale file, and now won't open.

RetricMix

Hi there,
I am fairly new when it comes to running broadcasting services, and I am able to find the simple solutions to my general broadcasting needs, but recently, today, it was not able to find the locale file after force closing it.

Here is what I do know. I was trying to add a new scene, after I created it, I needed to rename it, it would not let me rename it, so I deleted the scene as well as another scene I simply did not need. When I did that, it showed in the scene list that it was there but it was not actually there, and I was able to click to other scenes (but would not highlight them). I then at that moment force closed the program to see if that would help and that is when it came up with the error, could not find locale file, and then locale file not found.

I then deleted the program and reinstalled it several times and came up with the same error. I then updated my computer to the latest version because I was attempting to use a new broadcasting system, but then I thought after it was done that I should just try to reinstall the program. Now whenever I try to open OBS, it will not open at all. I have no clue what to do, that is why I am coming to these threads. Please help as soon as you can, because I am trying to maintain a steady stream schedule.

Thank you for your time,
-RetricMix

Narcogen

When you say you uninstalled the program, did you remove the scenes and other settings in ~/Library/Application Settings/obs-studio ?