OBS Conversion before recording

nak1

Guys,

I'm trying to do something a little outside the box and as I'm new to the OBS toolset I'm looking for some guidance/help to whether or not what I'm trying to do is feasible. Essentially, I have a Shogun Inferno monitor plugged into a Blackmagic Video card. I'm using that as a source in my OBS interface. I'm then Recording that stream and sending it to a Zixi feeder process that I have set up using MPEG-TS as the 'Container Format'. That MPEG-TS is a required format for the Zixi Feeder to properly work...but I really want to encode that incoming stream before I send it out. I was wondering if that is feasible or not?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm not sure I follow this at all.

First of all, the Shogun Inferno is a monitor, i.e. a device that takes video input and displays it. Are you somehow playing back video from the Inferno into the BlackMagic card?

Second, I don't really understand what you mean by wanting to encode the incoming stream before sending it out. It sounds like you're outputting from OBS using FFmpeg. That means you're encoding it. Is this not what you want?