OBS constantly disconnecting despite Excellent connection per Twitch Stream Manager

Doc_Cheese

Tonight I started streaming and had a Poor connection according to Twitch, but didn't disconnect for a good 20 minutes (but it was laggy). Then, I suddenly got about 5 d/c's in a matter of 20 minutes and each time, Twitch said the connection was Excellent.

The 2 most recent and relevant logs are attached.

I also ran a test from Twitch Bandwidth Test, just doing the closest 4 servers to me, 1 minute each, while streaming. The results are below. I have had varying experiences w/ OBS stability over the past year or so, maybe 2 years. Some times a 3-4 hr stream would have no d/c's, other times I'd d/c a couple times in an hour. I don't remember it ever being as bad as tonight. My last 2 streams (both around just an hour) were a week ago and were perfectly fine.

1663474964352.png

Thanks for any help and input.

Attachments

• 2022-09-17 20-16-12.txt
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2022-09-17 21-06-38.txt
    18.1 KB · Views: 1

PaiSand

Check your home netwrok, starting with the network cable, port where it connects to the router/modem and so on. If all checks, call your ISP.

Doc_Cheese

Check your home netwrok, starting with the network cable, port where it connects to the router/modem and so on. If all checks, call your ISP.
Thanks. If I end up calling my ISP, what exactly should I ask? Everything else on the internet was working fine. Do I just tell them I had a bad connection when trying to stream? I have a feeling it'll be 50/50 if I can get anyone helpful on the line... (Comcast customer here)

Also, since it appears to be on my end, would it be a good idea to just reset my cables, router/modem, etc before every time I stream? To give it like a fresh restart before streaming? If that'd even matter.