OBS configuration version control

DeaVain

That is to say, the control of the various settings used within OBS, and how to save them in a way that I can restore the configuration, compare, archive etc.

Is this an import/export settings thing? anything better? I'd be delighted to hear anyone else's experience

Cheers!

import/export is one way, and lets you save (and restore) snapshots of works in progress while you are working.

On the File menu, "Show Settings Folder" will show the location of what OBS is currently using. On Windows, a directory tree below something like C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\obs-studio that includes ALL settings - global settings, profile and scene-collections. Since this area is actively used by OBS, probably best not to access any of these files while OBS is running, but otherwise ZIPping this tree lets you backup and restore all the settings at once.

Regarding comparison of settings, you might read
https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...parison-nearly-impossible.149216/#post-545714 to see some suggestions and issues

DeaVain

Got waylaid my an urgent project. Thanks for your thoughts on this. Will follow up on 't other threa