OBS Color Issue

jigsaw1988

Hello all,

I installed OBS yesterday and started playing around with it. I was able to take screen caputures that looked good too.
But suddenly the whole thing looks like this now.

My Desktop
01.png

How it looks in OBS (Preview Windows / Stream / Recording)

02.png

I have not found anything out of the ordinary in the settings so far. My Advanced Settings:

GENERAL
Priority = High

VIDEO
Renderer = Direct3D 11
Color Format = NV12
Color Space = 709
Range = Full

Dynamic-Range (Nvidia Control Panel) is at Full (0-255)

Changing these settings did not help either.

Log-File https://obsproject.com/logs/iIGpKiEcw0PSvMxB

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

koala

You seem to have some filter active that increases contrast. Either as filter within OBS attached to your display capture source, or in the Windows settings of your graphics driver.
Such hardened and broken contrast can also happen when feedback takes place. You have 2 monitors and a capture card, the following scenario is possible: you capture the monitor where OBS is not running with your capture card. In OBS you have a scene with the capture card. You use the fullscreen projector of OBS to project this scene on the same monitor the capture card is capturing. Now the capture card is capturing what it is sending, thus a feedback. This will bleed out the colors.

The @0,0 part of the display capture name is the relative position of the monitor relative to the global Windows monitor coordinates. The primary monitor is usually always at 0,0, while additional monitors are placed around it and have actual coordinates, so you can see if a monitor is to the left/right or above/below the primary monitor.

Last edited:

jigsaw1988

hey koala, many thanks for your reply.

No filters are active in obs. I think the capture device thing is very likely, since the problem occurred after I connected the Elgato HD60. However, the Elgato software is not running in the background and the device is turned off. The colors also looks like this in Discord when I share my screen.The question is where I can change something in the drivers.

By the way, I can transfer the second display as usual with the correct colors.

Last edited: