OBS Classic OBS-Classic: How to use the Replay Buffer? [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Jack0r submitted a new resource:

How to use the Replay Buffer? - The latest update of Open Broadcaster Software, for Windows, added a new feature called the "Replay

You first have to configure the amount of seconds that should be kept in the buffer, thats in the Broadcast Settings of OBS. For example the last 30, 60 or 120 seconds:
Then configure the "Save Replay Buffer Hotkey" so you can tell OBS to save the buffer to your disk, thats in the Hotkey...

Read more about this resource...

chazragg

can i get it to auto start when i stream because having to start the stream then start the replay buffer is annoying. i did try to set them as the same hot key but it doesn't work

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, strange the Hotkey should work. I quickly set F10 for Start Stream, Start Recording and Start Buffer Hotkey, and all 3 started simultaneously. An auto start buffer option is currently not available.

Shaydo

I made a tutorial that can definitely help people trying to utilize the replay buffer in a livestream setting. I'm no expert in figuring things out, but I did find a way to use it to my satisfaction!

I got the info from another tutorial and used a few other things to make it my own, hope this helps!

mothman

I just discovered OBS while Googling for alternatives to Raptr Instant Replay, and I see that OBS has a similar feature!

Awesome! (as Raptr is really buggy for me).

Question though... I see in your settings screenshots that where you specify the replay save location, it specifies an actual file name (replay1.mp4). What I'm trying to determine is, does the replay feature only allow you to do this once, and will overwrite the file on subsequent uses??

Or does OBS automatically increment the file name (ie. replay1, replay2, etc) on each use??

mothman

Thank you! I'd actually taken the plunge and tried it and saw as much. I love that feature! I'm struggling with keeping up decent quality recording settings while not wiping my game performance, but I think the software is great.

jdm12983

Another way to better organize your files (other than having each one save into different folders) is if you have a new enough version of OBS (not sure what version they put this option into first but just download the current one and you will be fine) when you have the file name to the effect of:

filename - $Y-$0M-$0D - $0h-$0m-$0s.mp4​

It will automatically put in the files start date and time, outputting something like this:

filename - 2015-01-19 - 20-56-22.mp4​

When you hover over where you type in the file path and name in the OBS settings, Broadcast Setting window; it will tell you what codes you can use and what they will chnage into.

LuisPro

Hello, i set buffer time to 60 sec. and my OBS ram usage is growing infinite. Should it works this way? It not should capped at point when 60 sec is reached and just 'bufer' every new seconds and forget the old seconds?

After 40 min, obs ram usage is 1.3GB, so whats happend if i use it for many hours? it will stop when my ram usage will be 100% or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.