Question / Help OBS causing random keystrokes in other programs?

sward

I recently had to rebuild my laptop after I was getting random keystrokes entered into other programs such as Office apps, WhatsApp, Slack, web addresses etc. It was happening whilst I had been heavily using OBS. No malware could be found and eventually I had to do a rebuild with Microsoft.

I just used OBS today for the first time since I rebuilt 2 weeks ago and it has restarted.

Typically after it starts, it will enter the same string of characters every 15 seconds until I reboot. The characters can be symbols or letters, usually 2 or 3 of them.

Anyone seen this and any help?

koala

Never seen anything like this, and never read any reports about such behavior.
If the issue started after you installed OBS, it may be you had some malware-infested OBS installer. You should downloaded the current OBS version from the standard download page: https://obsproject.com/download
If you added any plugins for OBS, make sure they are original, current, and not malware infested as well.
Do the random keystrokes continue even if you close OBS?
Post a OBS logfile to show your system and software/OS versions.

sward

Thanks, where do I get the log file from (preferably without starting OBS as I don't want to start the issue)?

I'm pretty sure that was where I downloaded from. No plugins.

Yes they continue after I close. I need to reboot.

koala

You find the OBS logfile directory in %appdata%\obs-studio\logs
Pick the newest file and attach as file here.

sward

from today

Attachments

• 2020-04-30 09-38-02.txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 2020-04-30 09-38-02.txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 2

koala

I'm unable to find anything unusual in your logs. All seems fine, except some errors, probably minor, are logged with your webcam. Nothing that would match your issue.

sward

Th
I'm unable to find anything unusual in your logs. All seems fine, except some errors, probably minor, are logged with your webcam. Nothing that would match your issue.
Thanks, anything to worry about on the webcam.