Bug Report OBS Causing All games to Lag/Stutter

DustyandCrusty

Hello, I have been streaming for almost a year now and have been able to work through most problems by scrolling through forums and such. However as of a few days ago I cannot stream any more on games that require high coordination/aim due to lag or screen stutter. This issue only occurs when I start OBS which will immediately cause frame rate loss and the screen stutters. I mostly play PUBG and Paragon and both are affected as soon as I start OBS but not before. I also do not even have to be streaming. In order to resolve the issue I must restart my PC completely to restore my games. Closing OBS and restarting the games will not fix the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both OBS and my games. I have adjusted bitrate's, changed encoders, and tinkered with in game video settings.
My PC specs are
AMD Ryzen 1700
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
16 GB of 3200 DDR4 Ram run at 2666hz
I also have two Asus monitors: VG24 and a MG27, I game on the MG27 1440p monitor.
[https://gist.github.com/a395b4c17a68ee86e61525c6b8a43394]

Help please.

BK-Morpheus

Could you do a recording/stream where the problem is present and then upload the logfile?
The provided log file shows no stream/recording attempt.

But even without that log file, I can give you some simple advice, as I see many users doing this wrong:
1. make sure both monitors are running with the same refresh rate*
2. make sure the GPU is not running at >90% load (can be monitored with GPU-Z or Taskmanager if you run Win10 Version 1709)
3. make sure the OBS framerate can be multiplied/divided cleanly with your ingame fps

How can you do those things?
1. Choose the same refreshrate for both monitors in Windows or gfx driver settings.
*Alternative: Don't open any windows/programs on the second monitor

2. LIMIT FPS! You can do so ingame or by enabling vsync or using a Tool like MSI Afterburner or Nvidia Profile Inspector

3. In your log you selected 1280x720 @ 30fps. So make sure your ingame fps is running exactly at 30, 60, 90 or 120 fps.

BK-Morpheus

The log looks okay (although there are many scenes with monitor_capture + game_capture source, which should be avoided).
Set Refreshrate to 120Hz, if you try to record with 30 or 60 fps, otherwise the stream will always have a little stutter.
Also try recording/streaming without Gsync, if it is enabled now.

saiinTCS

Hello, I have been streaming for almost a year now and have been able to work through most problems by scrolling through forums and such. However as of a few days ago I cannot stream any more on games that require high coordination/aim due to lag or screen stutter. This issue only occurs when I start OBS which will immediately cause frame rate loss and the screen stutters. I mostly play PUBG and Paragon and both are affected as soon as I start OBS but not before. I also do not even have to be streaming. In order to resolve the issue I must restart my PC completely to restore my games. Closing OBS and restarting the games will not fix the issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both OBS and my games. I have adjusted bitrate's, changed encoders, and tinkered with in game video settings.
My PC specs are
AMD Ryzen 1700
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
16 GB of 3200 DDR4 Ram run at 2666hz
I also have two Asus monitors: VG24 and a MG27, I game on the MG27 1440p monitor.
[https://gist.github.com/a395b4c17a68ee86e61525c6b8a43394]

Help please.
Was having the same issue and was able to fix it by setting my Base (Canvas) Resolution and Output (Scaled) Resolution to 1920x1080. Was messing around with things and this is what I found that managed to fix the issue. Let me know if this helps any. Made the account just to reply and mention.