OBS, Canon DSLR, EOS Utility HELP

DdgQ

Hi,
I am about to give up. I’m a. beauty influencer and I have to start doing live streaming and a bunch of other stuff. I have a Canon EOS Rebel SL3, MacBook Pro, a Cam Link 4K and a the utility app downloaded. I am having a hard time trying to get my dslr’s lcd screen to show once I’m in OBS! Everything is working. I do have the dummy battery, usb & mini hdmi cord connected to dslr to the MacBook. I can see myself in OBS but NOT on the actual dslr flip out lcd screen. SMH! When I disconnect the mini hdmi cord from the dslr…the dslr flip screen SHOWS, but NOT in OBS!! SMH ! I’m so confused! I have watched TONS of YT videos & read TONS of articles and no luck. I use OBS to film makeup tutorials as a demo. It worked once before I think with everything connected. I THINK. Also in OBS, I can see myself with the camera on, but the dslr flip screen is not showing me just a black screen like before & but soon as I open the utility app & hit live camera view, OBS goes black & still nothing on the dslr screen. I’m so sorry it’s confusing but it’s what I am going through. Please help.

I'm not sure about that specific Canon model but with my Canon DSLR (older model than yours) when I connect an HDMI cable the screen goes blank and only outputs over the HDMI. A user on this forum says:

"There isn't enough horsepower in the camera to drive both displays. As soon as you plug in the HDMI cable, all output goes there. If you want to further split the signal, you'd have to do that with an actual splitter outside the camera."

This probably means it's a hardware issue and not something you can fix - you might just have to use your OBS display as a viewfinder, on the bright side it might make manual focusing easier with a larger display :)

DdgQ

I'm not sure about that specific Canon model but with my Canon DSLR (older model than yours) when I connect an HDMI cable the screen goes blank and only outputs over the HDMI. A user on this forum says:

"There isn't enough horsepower in the camera to drive both displays. As soon as you plug in the HDMI cable, all output goes there. If you want to further split the signal, you'd have to do that with an actual splitter outside the camera."

This probably means it's a hardware issue and not something you can fix - you might just have to use your OBS display as a viewfinder, on the bright side it might make manual focusing easier with a larger display :)
Thank you for the reply. But it DID show everything before. I just don’t know what happened or what or how I hooked up everything. Also, now I have another issue. SMH, when I’m in the EOS utility app, the lcd screen is black now. All the times before, even before I sent the previous message, the lcd screen was showing the view while I’m in the utility app. Now it doesn’t nor will it take pictures in the app like it always could. Omggg, this is all so upsetting & frustrating. Lol #Help

Thank you for the reply. But it DID show everything before. I just don’t know what happened or what or how I hooked up everything. Also, now I have another issue. SMH, when I’m in the EOS utility app, the lcd screen is black now. All the times before, even before I sent the previous message, the lcd screen was showing the view while I’m in the utility app. Now it doesn’t nor will it take pictures in the app like it always could. Omggg, this is all so upsetting & frustrating. Lol #Help
This would be an issue specific to Canon and not really OBS so I don't really have the knowledge to be able to comfortably offer help without wasting your time unfortunately.