obs-browser-page high cpu

Curve_Planet

Hello everyone, today I had this problem and after searching for information on google the problem I find is similar but not the same, I will explain.
I have seen that something was consuming a lot of CPU intermittently, and see the task manager I managed to find (finishing the task) I see that it is the youtube chat, but not the chat that the public sees, I'm talking about the chat that has by default in the obs from which you can write, it starts working normal, as little consumption, but as the minutes pass it starts to consume more and more cpu, I close the obs, I start again and the behavior is repeated, it starts normal but as the minutes pass the cpu consumption increases, what could it be?

Thanks.

qhobbes

Browser hardware acceleration may be currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.

If still having issues, then

Curve_Planet

Es posible que la aceleración del hardware del navegador esté actualmente deshabilitada. Se recomienda encarecidamente habilitar la aceleración debido a las mejoras en el rendimiento y al uso significativamente menor de la CPU para las fuentes del navegador. Esto se puede habilitar en Configuración -> Avanzado.

Si todavía tienes problemas, entonces
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

Tengo habilitada la aceleración por hardware, además el alto consumo lo genera el chat interno del obs. Si vuelve a pasar pondré aquí el informe.

Curve_Planet

Browser hardware acceleration may be currently disabled. Enabling acceleration is highly recommended due to the improvements to performance and significantly lower CPU usage for browser sources. This can be enabled in Settings -> Advanced.

I have hardware acceleration enabled, also the high consumption is generated by the obs internal chat. If it happens again I will post the report here.

Curve_Planet

Hello good, today I had the same problem again, but for my mistake I have not been able to keep the log of failures, for your reference after half an hour the internal browser (YouTube chat) began to consume many resources again but when I give it to update returns to consume little cpu until half an hour again, then the OBS for a reason that I do not know cut the live staying in an extremely low bitrate, I put screenshot so you understand what is the chat window that is consuming me the resources of the pc.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla (25).png
    Captura de pantalla (25).png
    82.6 KB · Views: 14

Curve_Planet

Greetings again, today the OBS internal chat display browser started again to consume more and more processor resources, until I hit "update" and it starts to consume few resources until in about 15 or 30 minutes it starts again to spend resources in an exaggerated way, this is the link of the log: OBS log

qhobbes

I did a test:
OBS Studio single process 41.2 MB RAM, < 4% CPU
OBS Studio single browser dock 78.6 MB RAM, < 4% CPU (6 processes)
40+ minutes later
OBS Studio single browser dock 93.1 MB RAM, < 4% CPU (6 processes)

Based on this test, I'm going to say it's something to do with the content of the browser. I don't want to point the finger at YouTube because they're a Premier sponsor of OBS but... can't duplicate with about:blank

Curve_Planet

I did a test:
40+ minutes later

Based on this test, I'm going to say it's something to do with the content of the browser. I don't want to point the finger at YouTube because they're a Premier sponsor of OBS but... can't duplicate with about:blank
So it is possible that it is a YouTube problem?, I should do the same test on another platform, Twitch etc to see if the same thing happens to me, since I uninstalled OBS, I reinstalled it but the problem is still there.

Curve_Planet

I did a test:
40+ minutes later

Good to all, as you know I have been several streams with a problem of excessive consumption of the obs internal chat browser for YouTube, which starts working fine but as the minutes go by are consuming more and more processor resources until I press "refresh" and starts to work well until after 30 min the problem is reproduced again.
Well, the problem ONLY plays on youtube, I made a stream on Twitch and it worked fine and yesterday I used the Restream platform to broadcast on two platforms at once and I did not have the problem either, for some reason I do not know only happens when I'm on YouTube, I leave the log again: OBS LOG