OBS Audio Monitor Download Won't Open

JulieConnect

Hello. I'm trying to install the OBS Audio Monitor on an Mac. I'm using Chrome and am able to download the monitor, but when I go to open the .pkg files, I get this error.

“audio-monitor-0.8.5-macos-x86_64.pkg” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware."

I tried downloading the file in Chrome Incognito Mode, but had the same result.

Any other ideas? Thanks so much!!

AaronD

The discussion forum for that is here:
You might get a better answer in the plugin-specific forum than for Mac in general. Maybe it's something that the author of that plugin needs to look at?

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.
It has nothing to do with how you downloaded it. Mac itself is just being panicky. For good reason, because most of what most users download from random places *isn't* safe. If you got it from the Download button on the page that I linked, and not some shady third-party site, then maybe there's a way to tell Mac to use it anyway?

JulieConnect

The discussion forum for that is here:
You might get a better answer in the plugin-specific forum than for Mac in general. Maybe it's something that the author of that plugin needs to look at?

It has nothing to do with how you downloaded it. Mac itself is just being panicky. For good reason, because most of what most users download from random places *isn't* safe. If you got it from the Download button on the page that I linked, and not some shady third-party site, then maybe there's a way to tell Mac to use it anyway?
Thank you. That is helpful. I think I found a way to tell Mac to use it anyway.