Question / Help OBS audio cracking and high latency

DEDRICK

Buffer only applies to ASIO typically, in some applications like Voicemeeter and DAWs you can control the WDM/WASAPI buffer.

1547210146162.png

That did not work either. I also wiped the drive and reinstalled windows, I tried to run the system with only the UAD software and obs installed and the problem was still there, so I think that there is something wrong with the way the soundcards communicates with the PC, since Xsplit and Voicmeeter banana have the same kind of cracking. On the other hand Cubase and pro tools work perfectly fine. I'm totally lost on this one.

Cubase and Protools use ASIO, Voicemeeter, Xsplit, OBS etc. use WDM/WASAPI. It honestly sounds like an issue with Thunderbolt or UADs drivers, since every application using WDM is crackling

Sharry5ingh

hello , u got it working now ? I am still struggling on it . I have apollo x6 and same issue , recording vocals perfectly on DAW . But when using obs or audacity or any other software like bandicam my vocals crackle and pop , only vocal crackles, internal sound coming, sounds perfect .

Sharry5ingh

That did not work either. I also wiped the drive and reinstalled windows, I tried to run the system with only the UAD software and obs installed and the problem was still there, so I think that there is something wrong with the way the soundcards communicates with the PC, since Xsplit and Voicmeeter banana have the same kind of cracking. On the other hand Cubase and pro tools work perfectly fine. I'm totally lost on this one.
hello , u got it working now ? I am still struggling on it . I have apollo x6 and same issue , recording vocals perfectly on DAW . But when using obs or audacity or any other software like bandicam my vocals crackle and pop , only vocal crackles, internal sound coming, sounds perfect .

IchbinFelix

Hez NarwallXX,
I'm pretty sure I got the solution for your problem, because I just fixed the same issue for me..
You need to use ASIO when you wanna use your apollo interface.. OBS doesn't support that natively.. however there is a plugin that you can install quite quickly that lets you use ASIO as an audio driver
Here's a link to a video that shows you how to do this:

let me know if it worked for you!

PS: also you have to download and install ASIO4ALL on your computer first but thats very easy and quickly done
cheers Felix!

Baphomaat

Hey guys! I am having this same problem on a mac, but I cant use ASIO because it apparently isnt neccesary (or not compatible) with mac OS. Im really hoping someone can help me with this quickly as I am scheduled to livestream for a fundraiser tommorow. Im willing to pay someone to walk me through fixing this, granted the problem is resolved. Please get back to me ASAP with any help or ideas. Thanks guys.