OBS as live video editing node in a private cloud

dadro

Hi,

I was wondering whether OBS can be deployed in a private cloud (e.g. a machine in a rack in a private data centre) and then used remotely to perform various editing tasks on multiple input feeds in live streaming scenarios. I read that the obs-websocket plug-in provides the API to perform some of those tasks but as far as I understood doesn't allow to set the actual sources, or show the source streams video in a browser, to provide minimal feedback to a remote operator that need to choose which source needs to be active in a particular moment. Apologies if this question has been already asked but I didn't manage to find an answer in the forum.

Thank you.

Scratch

It is possible, but not out of the box of course. One good example of an implementation like this is provided through Psynapse's own custom OBS solution. It's his business so I wouldn't go asking him directly on how to become a competitor of his business.

This is how many of the big IRL streams on twitch are done, as the streaming client is streaming to the cloud server, who then restreams it to twitch. Stream's don't go offline typically, even if the broadcaster loses connection