OBS and SLI

Fanatic

Hi, I just got SLI and found my stream/recording with OBS to be laggy/juddery/duplicate frames etc.

Turning off CFR in advanced options seems to have fixed it and stream is all smooth again.

Tested with BF4 - GTX970 SLI using NVENC.

From my searches turning off CFR might harm compatibility with editing programs.

Thought people might want to know/try it if they are having troubles with SLI.

Fanatic

Forget all that, spoke too soon. Tis still balls.

However ShdowPlay can record and stream with SLI. So Nvidia must not be telling how to do it or not allowing it to be done.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
SLI will have better support in the rewrite. I've added a compatibility mode for various card types that were having capture issues, with ways to optimize the capture when in compatibility mode.

Probably can't have it quite as nice as shadowplay for SLI specifically just because of their proprietary capture API, but still not bad. I'd use it if they'd just make it available for others to use.

lepardi

You could always try to feed OBS with dxtory. That captures the frames from both cards. Only minus is that dxtory is not free.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
where do we find this "Compatibility Mode"?
As Jim explained, it is a feature of OBS-MP (the mentioned rewrite). Nothing you have to activate.
Perhaps in the rewrite one could off load encoding on another gpu that isn't being used for gaming.
I am not sure if you can easily select which Graphics Card does the encoding, but if that is possible, it can probably also be added to OBS.
You could always try to feed OBS with dxtory. That captures the frames from both cards. Only minus is that dxtory is not free.
Should not be necessary as OBS-MP should be able to capture just fine, as Jim mentioned.