OBS and AVerMedia LiveGamer HD as an encoder.

vojtas

Hello,
I didn't found any information on this topic, so I've started new thread.

After few tests of Open Broadcaster Software I've found out that there is no encoding option for AVerMedia LiveGamer HD as it is in XSplit. Yes, you can use it as a camera, but it will not use full hardware capabilities of this card and it's not the case.

FYI: Good topic on how to enable LiveGamer HD as a encoder on XSplit is here (as well as a camera): http://www.xsplit.com/blog.php?post_id=336
Maybe this will help.

I've bought AVerMedia LiveGamer HD to be able to stream with usage of this card as an hardware encoder. Would be nice if OBS will have this option in future.

Cheers!

paibox

heros in an halfshel
If you haven't found any information on this topic, you did not look very hard. :)

This has been brought up multiple times before, and supporting the Live Gamer HD hardware encoder is not worthwhile, as the quality is very bad. Doing an encode using settings producing something very similar to what the Live Gamer HD outputs requires very little CPU to begin with.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I'm unfortunately not going to do it personally, you can get equivalent quality from x264 without much CPU by just setting the preset to "ultrafast" if I recall, it uses significantly less CPU usage.

Trying to spend time implementing a single device's exclusive feature, one which probably requires and SDK from the manufacturer who probably won't give it out without some closed license, means that it's unlikely that I will implement support directly for it myself. Others could probably somehow manage to do it however.