OBS and AMD encoding. Crashing. Please help

lavela

Hi. I'm sorry to open this thread, as I'm a complete newbie on streaming. I know about sound and content production, but I'm just trying to learn how to stream. Today I tried to test my stream and everything went wrong. First the stream stopped completely, because OBS said I had overloaded the video encoding. I checked. and the only encoding option I see is x264. I have an AMD R7 A10N 8800e, so I supposed a way to fix things was to make the integrated graphics to take care of the encoding, and not the CPU directly. I think it is called the GPU, but I'm not sure of anything right now. I couldn't find the way to give that GPU the task of encoding, the option was not showing. So I read a little more (a lot, headache already) and downloaded the AMD Encoder for OBS Studio 2.1.6
Now a new option for encoding finally appeared (H264/AVC Encoder (AMD Advanced Media Framework)). So, I selected that encoder, didn't change anything else on the settings, and tried to start streaming. OBS Studio crashed. Every time I tried, it crashed. It generates a log (I sincerely don't know where it is stored, but I can look for it if needed to help me).
I updated the drivers (only option was something called Aderanaline 2020), and my OBS is current. I also downloaded the obs amd encoder 2.7.0, but could not intsall it, as the README says it includes an installer but I couldn't find it and I don't want to take the risk of doing something even more wrong that what I'm sure I already did.
So I came here to humbly ask for help. Right now I'm trying to start a podcast, that will have live episodes on Facebook and YouTube (I'm using the obs multi rtmp plugin), but I'm completely stopped because of this. I can't even start a stream :-S .
I know my PC is not the latest and best, but I don't think it is so bad that I would not be able to make a decent video/audio stream. Please, please help me.

Excuses for the surely bad English. It is not my native language.

PS. I found my crash logs:

lavela

try do deinstall all the encode and obs.
in the newer versions you only need Drivers and OBS to run it are you on the newest windows 10 build?
update you windows !
install AMD drivers
install OBS
Start OBS as Admin
Hi. I will try that today and let you know. Yesterday the only thing I didn’t do was uninstall OBS and re install it. I only updated everything (windows 10, amd drivers and OBS).
I’m very curious if someone analyzed the crash log so he/she knows what’s happening.

lavela

Did everything as recommended, no change. x264 only encoding option. But I also opened streamlabs obs and the AMD Hardware optioon appears there, so I will try to use that and update if things work. Hope someone finds why this is ahppening and let me know, please. I would prefer to use OBS Studio, but if the encoding option I think would work for me doesn't even appear, then I can't

lavela

Uninstalled OBS Studio completely, uninstalled and installed again the AMD drivers and then reinstalled OBS after restarting. No solution. No AMD hardware option to encode, just the x264 software one. After the frustration I then opened Streamlabs OBS, and the AMD option shows, I selected it, chose the settings and streamed with no problem, no warnings of encoding overload and no high CPU usage. So, something is wrong with OBS Studio, that is not recognizing my AMD GPU, right? I tried running OBS Studio as Admin too. Same non result in encoding options.