Question / Help OBS 25.0.1. NVENC on RTX card and Advanced Output mode.

orangedeal

After changing the card from GTX to RTX, the ability to select this encoder is gone.

01.jpg

Now I can select it only in simple mode.

02.jpg

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer

koala

You should update to Windows 10. The update is still free. Windows 7 isn't really supported any more. If it runs fine, it's ok, but if you have issues it's unlikely they will get fixed. And you seem to have some kind of issue.
The only other unusual thing I see in your log is the TV with its uncommon low refresh rate. What happens if you disconnect your TV and restart OBS? I don't think anything will change, but it's to rule out uncommon things.

By the way, how do you plug in the new card? If there are multiple wide x16 pci-express bus slots on your mainboard, it's usually required to put a single GPU card into one specific dedicated slot. Usually, it's the slot nearest to the CPU, but look it up in your mainboard manual. If you put it into the wrong slot, performance may be reduced to x1 speed and perhaps also other stuff isn't running correctly as well.

orangedeal

koala
Thanks for the answer.

I’m too lazy to switch to Win 10, because I don’t want to update. The only way is to install it from scratch, but installing and configuring many programs will require a lot of time. Sooner or later this will have to be done, but I want to hope that not now.

The video card is installed in the required slot (x16) and works as PCIe x16 3.0 @ x16 3.0 (from GPU-Z).

After turning off the TV and rebooting the PC, the situation has not changed :(

orangedeal

Good luck! We can no longer provide any support. Please direct all future support requests to the SLOBS support team on the Streamlabs site.
I.e? I wrote that the advanced NVENC settings in OBS not working, but for the experiment I had to install Streamlabs OBS to see if it works there.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Thanks for the log file, I've identified this as a bug in v25, a fix will be in the next update.

orangedeal

At that time, I did not know that new features for encoding with RTX devices are not available in Win 7. In this case, use Streamlabs OBS does not make sense. The user will only get a confusing interface.

If I'm not mistaken, this only happens on the RTX series cards, and nothing will help them in Windows 7. It’s better to immediately send the user to Win 10. With gritted teeth I had to switch to it.