OBS 0.63b test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The settings saving bug has been identified and fixed. Are there any other outstanding bugs with the test build?

Not sure of the impact or importance of this one, as it's been present since the early builds:

When using DXTory video out function, you cannot stop streaming or recording until you also stop DXTory from capturing.

Damien Margo

Greetings OBS Devs and Forum! Out of curiosity I downloaded 0.63b test 3 64-bit to see if some audio issues I'm having changed. My setup might be unique but I figured I'd pass this along. I'm using a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with the POD Farm 2 software. For whatever reason the old OBS, version 0.625b is able to use my Toneport UX2 as a mic source with POD Farm 2 running, allowing me to run compression, eq, and de-esser. Unfortunately on this build OBS does not seem to get the mic audio from POD Farm. Not sure why! If you have any questions or want me to test anything I'm glad to help.

AlderaaN

And I guess AlderaaN is only talking about Haswell Quicksync, as its quality got a lot better than in previous generations.
Hello.

Yes, that is correct.

In the end you will currently, from all tests I have seen, get the best bitrate/quality out of x264, Haswell QuickSync as mentioned has come quite close, older generation QuickSync or NVENC/AMDVCE mostly need, depending on the situation, more than double the bitrate to look as good
I skipped Sandy/Ivy Bridge before I made the jump to Haswell (was sitting on a Lynnfield Core i5-750 prior to it), so that's a very interesting point.

Damien Margo

Greetings OBS Devs and Forum! Out of curiosity I downloaded 0.63b test 3 64-bit to see if some audio issues I'm having changed. My setup might be unique but I figured I'd pass this along. I'm using a Line 6 Toneport UX2 with the POD Farm 2 software. For whatever reason the old OBS, version 0.625b is able to use my Toneport UX2 as a mic source with POD Farm 2 running, allowing me to run compression, eq, and de-esser. Unfortunately on this build OBS does not seem to get the mic audio from POD Farm. Not sure why! If you have any questions or want me to test anything I'm glad to help.

I'd also like to add that the DirectShow Audio Source plugin still works in obs-0-63b-test-3. While I cannot use the Toneport UX2 / PodFarm 2 as a mic source, this plugin still allows me to add it as a normal source.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Nothing was changed regarding audio device enumeration as far as I know. Are you sure this isn't something you have to enable in your audio software to allow certain applications to receive the stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.