OBS 0.63b test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

obsisgreat

Gamecapture for DX8, nice!

I tried it and I seem to have issues. Im on Windows 7. Before gamecapture was available, I used to stream Warcraft3 in window mode with aero enabled since it helped very much with FPS. I was able to stream 1920x1080 downscaled to 1280x720 with 30FPS without problems. In game, I got the usual 60fps without any hiccups.

With gamecapture however, FPS in game seem to be somewhat fixed at 30 with occassional jumps to around 40. Whatever I do, it never falls below 30 and CPU/GPU usage is way below 100%, so that should not be the problem. When using gamecapture, I run the game in fullscreen mode, 1920x1080 with aero disabled. vsync came to mind and although I could not imagine how it could interfere, I made sure its disabled.

Id be happy to provide further information/logs if needed. Also if I did something wrong, please enlighten me. :)

Keep up the good work. As my nick says, OBS is great!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
obsisgreat - The DX8 capture isn't as efficient as I'd like right now, mostly due to lack of tech in DX8. It has to download the backbuffer instead of our favored method of interprocess texture sharing. If you got WC3 working in windowed mode and have better performance with window capture, that's probably going to be a better option just because window capture somehow enables similar functionality.

obsisgreat

obsisgreat - The DX8 capture isn't as efficient as I'd like right now, mostly due to lack of tech in DX8. It has to download the backbuffer instead of our favored method of interprocess texture sharing. If you got WC3 working in windowed mode and have better performance with window capture, that's probably going to be a better option just because window capture somehow enables similar functionality.

Almost instant reply, you continue to amaze me. I was just curious since mere processing power doesnt seem to be the issue. Also the somewhat fixed 30fps looked more like a "bug" than a limitation due to insufficient computing power. Im fine with window capture but if such minor things could be improved/mitigated/whatever in the future it would only serve to make OBS even better. :) From your post I could not tell if this was an issue you can actually fix or if its out of your reach.

Anyhow. Thanks again and good luck with the rewrite. :)

achmetha

@obsisgreat you can run WC3 in opengl mode. I personally haven't tested it, but it may be worth a look if you'd prefer game capture mode.
Code:
"C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -opengl

Create a shortcut to the .exe and add -opengl at the end of the target. Hopefully that helps ya.

obsisgreat

@obsisgreat you can run WC3 in opengl mode.

Yep, I knew that. But it somewhat escaped me, that OBS actually supports gamecapture for OpenGL. Gave it a quick try and it works! Can´t say for sure, but I feel window capture with aero is a little smoother and more stable when it comes to in game FPS. With gamecapture, the framerate drops a little bit when there is lots of action on the screen. Still absolutely playable though. But at least, there is no strange 30 FPS cap like with dx8.

Nice, I´ll keep an eye on the developement.

XeiZ

When i use more than 1800s of replay buffer the memory display drops back to 5 mb.

Also when i switch between 2 profiles, it changes the settings accordingly but when i go back to the general tab it still shows the old profile as active, same with the profiles menu in the main gui.
After restarting obs it switches back to the original profile instead of the last active one.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Hmm, I cannot reproduce the profile problem @XeiZ ;(
The buffer gets reset to 1 if you enter a value above 1800, thats why it resets the mb value. (As far as I could see)

@Xstersia the QuickSync problem should be fixed in the next test/release, palana already commited a fix, thanks for reporting!

Secepatnyan

Hmm, I can't seem to be able to start the replay buffer.

File paths are set correctly. Replay buffer is enabled and rendering however no files are produced.

Oh and, my antivirus didn't get set off with test3. :D

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
@Secepatnyan dont forget to set the Save Replay Buffer Hotkey and use it. It is designed similar to these Shadowplay/Raptr functions. The Buffer always holds the last X seconds you set, but as soon as you press the button, these get saved to your harddisk.
So you press the Save Replay Buffer Hotkey for example after a great headshot, and the headshot will be saved to disk. While the replay buffer keeps going on and waits for you to press the button again.

XeiZ

About the replay buffer stuff, i talked with palana on irc yesterday and he made changes to it already. It will set it down to 1800 if you enter a higher number now to avoid confusion and he fixed the tooltip.

As for the profile stuff, i forgot to mention im running the test version with -portable, MAYBE that has something to do with it. Otherwise im not sure, 32bit and 64bit do that and i just tried test2 again which also does that. I wouldnt know how to reproduce it myself, it just does this 100% of the time for me.

edit: just tested without -portable, that seems to work. I also made a new copy with -portable without any profiles and it starts with the box being empty, not even selecting the untitled profile. Maybe test if you experience the same with portable mode.

edit2: nope... tried with another person and its fine for him too, what the heck*...

Last edited by a moderator:

koala

The more options to record to buffer/file/both are great. I also wasn't able to provoke a crash by smashing the recording hotkeys in quick random order any more.Thanks!
Much appreciated is the time/date macro feature for the filename.
The problem with the profile menu is not fixed in test 3.

Xstersia

Hmm, I cannot reproduce the profile problem @XeiZ ;(
The buffer gets reset to 1 if you enter a value above 1800, thats why it resets the mb value. (As far as I could see)

@Xstersia the QuickSync problem should be fixed in the next test/release, palana already commited a fix, thanks for reporting!

Np your welcome for the report if anyone else has this problem where quick sync encoder is faded out when going to quick sync encoder go to: %appdata%/roaming/OBS/profiles and click on your profiles name and add the following:

UseCustomParams=1

Like this:
[QSV (Advanced)]
BufferSizeInKB=0
MaxKbps=0
TargetKbps=1000
UseCustomParams=1

Save and check quick sync box under encoding then go to quick sync encoder.

Last edited:

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
For those of you experiencing the config issues (settings not saving), do you have .tmp files lying around next to your .ini or .xconfig files in %APPDATA%\OBS?

Secepatnyan

@Secepatnyan dont forget to set the Save Replay Buffer Hotkey and use it. It is designed similar to these Shadowplay/Raptr functions. The Buffer always holds the last X seconds you set, but as soon as you press the button, these get saved to your harddisk.
So you press the Save Replay Buffer Hotkey for example after a great headshot, and the headshot will be saved to disk. While the replay buffer keeps going on and waits for you to press the button again.
Thanks -- I'll try that when I have the time to download it again -- I put it in my dropbox and the antivirus on my other computer deleted it off all my computers.

koala

No .tmp file here, but on my system the <profilename>.ini files are infested with duplicated and tripled BOM's at the start. I never edited the files manually, OBS is the only program that touched the config files.

An example:

Code:
View: C:\...aming\OBS\profiles\Lokale Aufzeichnung 1920x1080.ini UTF-8  38.02%
00000000 EF BB BF EF │ BB BF EF BB │ BF EF BB BF │ EF BB BF EF  ï
00000010 BB BF EF BB │ BF EF BB BF │ EF BB BF EF │ BB BF EF BB  »¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»
00000020 BF EF BB BF │ EF BB BF EF │ BB BF EF BB │ BF EF BB BF  ¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿
00000030 EF BB BF EF │ BB BF EF BB │ BF EF BB BF │ EF BB BF EF  ï
00000040 BB BF EF BB │ BF EF BB BF │ EF BB BF EF │ BB BF EF BB  »¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»¿ï»
00000050 BF 0D 0A 0D │ 0A 0D 0A 0D │ 0A 5B 41 75 │ 64 69 6F 5D  ¿♪◙♪◙♪◙♪◙[Audio]
00000060 0D 0A 4D 69 │ 63 54 69 6D │ 65 4F 66 66 │ 73 65 74 3D  ♪◙MicTimeOffset=
00000070 30 0D 0A 4D │ 69 63 42 6F │ 6F 73 74 4D │ 75 6C 74 69  0♪◙MicBoostMulti
00000080 70 6C 65 3D │ 32 0D 0A 46 │ 6F 72 63 65 │ 4D 69 63 4D  ple=2♪◙ForceMicM
00000090 6F 6E 6F 3D │ 30 0D 0A 4D │ 75 74 65 44 │ 65 73 6B 74  ono=0♪◙MuteDeskt
000000A0 6F 70 48 6F │ 74 6B 65 79 │ 3D 30 0D 0A │ 4D 75 74 65  opHotkey=0♪◙Mute
000000B0 4D 69 63 48 │ 6F 74 6B 65 │ 79 3D 30 0D │ 0A 50 75 73  MicHotkey=0♪◙Pus
000000C0 68 54 6F 54 │ 61 6C 6B 44 │ 65 6C 61 79 │ 3D 32 30 30  hToTalkDelay=200

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
While that's obviously not good, it doesn't appear to affect the files saving or loading. I'll get it fixed, but I'm still curious what's causing this config problem for other people.

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
The BOM thing is unrelated to the config saving changes, it was caused by the switch to using Windows unicode conversion functions. Is anyone able to consistently replicate the config saving issue?

XeiZ

yea i can break and repair profiles relatively consistently just using the obs gui. Also i have no weird symbols or temp files.
Im testing with -portable though. Still happens with %appdata% folders too though so it shouldnt matter.

All i have to do is create profiles and it has a chance to break another profile. If it doesnt break something i can restart obs and it breaks one. To repair it i create ANOTHER profile and there is a chance the broken one starts working again. Its very weird to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.