OBS 0.63b test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Woa, that looks funky. I'll relay it. Oh yea, I also need to add right-to-left support in OBS2 as well.. argh

AlderaaN

Woa, that looks funky. I'll relay it. Oh yea, I also need to add right-to-left support in OBS2 as well.. argh
Sweet. Thank you!

Regarding OBS2 and RTL support:
Feel free to reach out should you require some ideas from a design standpoint (such as Text/Elements placement across the UI, etc).

Quadstrike

random crash while using the replay feature, told it to allow half an hour of 15000kb/s footage and it ended up crashing around the 2.6 gig range, didn't catch it as obs closed, i've got a crashlog attached, i really look forward to this feature!

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-08-16_1.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 41

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Quadstrike - I'm guessing this is an out-of-memory scenario? half an hour of 15000 bitrate is quite a large amount of data.

It stores it all in memory right now I believe.

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Why on earth would you need half an hour of replay buffer, anyway? Similar to NVIDIA's Shadowplay thing, It's designed for capturing short "highlights" after they happen, so for instance if you unexpectedly get killed by squirrels in Doom 3, you can press the hotkey and save the X minute clip to post to YouTube or whatever.

koala

The replay buffer thing is really cool. But.. (there is always a but, sorry) I would like to use it like this:

- continue recording to file seamlessly after I saved the buffer. This is used when I detect that I should have started recording in the first place. For example if I say to myself: "This dungeon run turns out really cool, let's record it". Currently, I would safe the replay buffer to save the missed dungeon start, reconfigure OBS to use File Output Mode and start a regular recording. This is not seamless, losing some seconds of video, and I would need to reconfigure OBS on the fly (and reconfigure back after we finish our dungeon run). It would also be ok if the buffer is saved to one file and the life recording to a second file - combining the two to one seamless session with a video editing software is easy. The point is the reconfiguration of OBS and the missed seconds. It may also be that the highlight I want to record by saving the buffer is not over yet, and I don't know when it will end.

- start recording to file directly, not using the replay buffer. Currently, I have to go into the configuration and change the output mode from replay buffer to normal every time I know I want to record a gaming session. And change it back if I only want to record to the replay buffer. Two hotkeys would be nice: One for start recording to file, and one for start recording to the buffer. Currently, I could do the change by using 2 profiles, but that would duplicate all the settings in the profile only for the output file setting.

- only saving the replay buffer to disk without starting a recording session, the currently implemented feature, is still a valid use case, of course.

I also had 2 crashes. They happened when I pressed the start and stop recording to replay buffer hotkey and the save replay buffer hotkey quickly in some combination. I cannot reproduce the exact sequence, unfortunately.

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-08-16_1.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 36
  • OBSCrashDump2014-08-16_1.dmp
    271.1 KB · Views: 39
  • OBSCrashLog2014-08-16_2.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 36
  • OBSCrashDump2014-08-16_2.dmp
    274.3 KB · Views: 40

Quadstrike

Why on earth would you need half an hour of replay buffer, anyway? Similar to NVIDIA's Shadowplay thing, It's designed for capturing short "highlights" after they happen, so for instance if you unexpectedly get killed by squirrels in Doom 3, you can press the hotkey and save the X minute clip to post to YouTube or whatever.
i'm testing it, and maybe i pick a game that a whole round went well, i don't believe the issue should be how long i wish to save, especially since 4k would eat the same space faster with less time, or a bigger bitrate

the possibility the replay buffer makes can assist with sifting through footage from recording at all times, i may have a whole adventure in gmod or something, should still be able to

new crash report btw, same deal, i have 16gigs, 4 sticks of 4 gig, 2 1600 and 2 1333, i have been having a bluescreen or 2 that may be caused by them (may be avast though) but i wanted to still report this even if this isn't the cause, it runs fine usually, this issue seems to be different in this log

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-08-16_2.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 40

Quadstrike

Quadstrike - I'm guessing this is an out-of-memory scenario? half an hour of 15000 bitrate is quite a large amount of data.

It stores it all in memory right now I believe.
and yes it does store in memory atm, and please don't change that! again, as i just stated in last post, i have 16 gigs in a kinda goofy config atm, but doesn't seem to be the issue, new report aswell in it

IAAMRadio

Recall if you have, "save to file" checked in the broadcast settings, the minute you start streaming OBS auto records vice letting you start and stop it on your own. Yes you can stop it on the main screen but it sure would be nice if we simply could start it on our own vice OBS doing it for you based on the above box check. I heard this was going to be changed in this version?

Also, video sources, you can't pitch/angle the sources boxes. Example: I have three cams, I would love to show all three say one in the middle with one on each side slightly pitched inward toward the center cam source. The video sources boxes also don't really allow the user to control the shape and size, if I expand the box then all four sides expand vice allowing me to push in one side without having any adjustments made to the other sides. Actually I just realized any source box is fixed expand and contract you can't adjust without an equal adjustment taking place on the other sides.

Do love OBS but would love to see a few more enhancements like the above.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Also, video sources, you can't pitch/angle the sources boxes. Example: I have three cams, I would love to show all three say one in the middle with one on each side slightly pitched inward toward the center cam source. The video sources boxes also don't really allow the user to control the shape and size, if I expand the box then all four sides expand vice allowing me to push in one side without having any adjustments made to the other sides. Actually I just realized any source box is fixed expand and contract you can't adjust without an equal adjustment taking place on the other sides.

The pitching/angling won't ever come to the original OBS, but that is planned for OBS Multiplatform. As for simple things like ignoring aspect ratio, you can already do that in OBS by holding Shift while adjusting the border.

Quadstrike

same deal, this time i looked and was only using 3.15 gigs, that's the estimated max for the buffer, so possibly when the buffer is full, and it starts erasing previous data, it may crash from the removing process, crashlog attached

Attachments

• OBSCrashLog2014-08-17_1.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 42

IAAMRadio

The pitching/angling won't ever come to the original OBS, but that is planned for OBS Multiplatform. As for simple things like ignoring aspect ratio, you can already do that in OBS by holding Shift while adjusting the border.

Thanks for the Shift command that helps. When is OBS Multi Platform due out?

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
It's already out for Mac and Linux, but those features aren't in it yet. No ETA on Windows version.

Secepatnyan

I forgot my password to my account so I have to make a new one. :/

Anyhow, downloading this version prompts the following notification from my antivirus:
34da8b7425.png

koala

With test2, Guild Wars 2 crashes in GraphicsCaptureHook.dll if I stop recording in OBS and exit Guild Wars 2. Not fatal, but some kind of error. On older OBS versions, Guild Wars 2 crashed on exit only if an active recording was still running.

Steps:
- start OBS (non-administrator)
- start Guild Wars 2 (non-administrator)
- record something from Guild Wars 2
- stop recording
- no preview in OBS is active
- exit Guild Wars 2 by closing the window (normal procedure)
- Guild Wars 2 displays a crash message while it is terminating

I have no log from OBS, since the crash happens while OBS is inactive. I have crash logs from Guild Wars 2, however. Since the crash happened in a OBS DLL, it might be of some use, since there are registers, stack and memory dumps present. In the attached log, 2 crashes are recorded but 3 entries. The last 2 entries were generated for the same crash. In 2 of the entries, GraphicsCaptureHook.dll is mentioned as module where the crash happened. Guild Wars 2 itself has no such DLL.

Attachments

• ArenaNet2.log
    22.4 KB · Views: 40

DerekM

hi all. Just wondering how good a build version 0.63b is at when its likely to be promoted to the next stable version? Anyone a feeling for when it might be released? Thanks.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Well, issues are still being encountered with the test versions, so we don't want to make a release that will cause problems for people. Getting flagged as a virus by terrible AV programs certainly doesn't help. We generally don't give out ETAs for releases.

koala

There is a problem with displaying the check mark of the current profile in the "Profile" menu:

I have a profile "Lokale Aufzeichnung 1920x1080" and and a profile "Lokale Aufzeichnung". If my current profile is "Lokale Aufzeichnung 1920x1080", and I change it to "Lokale Aufzeichnung", the new profile is loaded correctly, but the check mark in the menu is still on "Lokale Aufzeichnung 1920x1080".
If I select a third profile with a totally different name, the check mark is moved to the third profile. If I now change the profile to "Lokale Aufzeichnung", the check mark is correctly set on "Lokale Aufzeichnung".
This all seems to happen if the start of a profile name is the complete name of another profile, and you change from the other profile to that profile.
My menu:
obsprofile.jpg

DerekM

Well, issues are still being encountered with the test versions, so we don't want to make a release that will cause problems for people. Getting flagged as a virus by terrible AV programs certainly doesn't help. We generally don't give out ETAs for releases.

Understood of course. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.