OBS 0.63b test 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hey everybody. Yes, despite the ongoing rewrite we're still updating the original version. If you have time, please test out these new features. Please leave feedback and let us know how it's working.

NOTE: Auto-updater is disabled in test versions!

Download here

0.63b Test 3:
  • Fix potential crashes with replay buffers (Palana)
  • Add application compatibility manifest to prevent OBS from running on unsupported revisions of windows (R1CH)
  • Disable QSV encoder settings if QSV isn't selected as encoder (Palana)
  • Recording button now has an option to use standard recording, replay buffer, or both at the same time (Palana)
  • Fix potential github gist API issue (R1CH)
  • Add 'import' button to the global sources dialog to allow importing of global sources from other scene files (Glought)

0.63b Test 2:
  • Add a replay buffer feature that allows you to save video files of the last [x] number of seconds (Palana)
  • Add option in uninstaller to remove all saved settings and plugins (R1CH)
  • Remove justin.tv references (R1CH)
  • Fix potential crash with D3D8 capture (R1CH)
  • Improve game capture hooking (R1CH)
  • Preserve game capture target even if it isn't running (R1CH)
  • Fix a crash in audio settings if no devices are present (R1CH)
  • Fix a crash if removing global sources with no scenes (R1CH)
  • Fix issues with some unicode characters not displaying correctly (Jim)
  • Streamline hotkey handling by adding a dedicated hotkey panel in settings (Palana)
  • Make a number of improvements to quicksync encoder (Palana)
  • Fix bug where the log menu wouldn't display things correctly (Palana)
  • Fix other various random minor bugs and potential issues (R1CH)
  • Check for XInput support in the installer (R1CH)
  • Remove help file, replace with online help which is more up-to-date (jack0r)
  • Move "show log window" to help menu (jack0r)
  • Fix keyboard tab order of all controls in the properties/settings windows (jack0r)

0.63b Test 1:
  • Added DirectX 8 and DirectDraw capture to game capture (bl00drav3n)
  • Added scene collections feature (ability to change between different sets of scenes, accessible via the 'scene collection' menu) (Glought)
  • Made it so game capture hotkey will remember as well as save the window it was last assigned to capture to, and always attempt to re-hook it again (Jim)
  • Updated x264 to fix a crash that was occurring due to its version (R1CH)
  • Fixed some freezes that could happen when stopping stream (R1CH)
  • Fix issue where game capture would stop capturing certain games such as league of legends after the game goes back to lobby (Jim)
  • Remember 1:1 preview state on restart (Jim)
  • Fix issues with BF4 and borderless windowed mode (Jim)

Last edited:

ball2hi

Upon trying to rename the main scene collection. It makes a new section called "scenes" with the scene, "scene" in it that I can't seem to delete. Also, it'd be pretty neat to be able to copy scenes from scene collection to scene collection.

Upon trying to rename the main scene collection. It makes a new section called "scenes" with the scene, "scene" in it that I can't seem to delete. Also, it'd be pretty neat to be able to copy scenes from scene collection to scene collection.
i am assuming "scene" is the default starter point and for "copy scenes from scene collection to scene collection" duplicate and export that does this.

r4rGQZ4.png

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
Well, if you have two scene collections and want to get a Source from A to B there is no current way to do this.
The duplicate function will "copy" the whole current active scene collection to a new collection while the export function will save the current active scene collection to a file.

NuDood

Just a question, any news on the gradual desyncs with capture devices such as the LGP, Elgato, etc.?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Vaughn Wiskey - that's actually not a bug, but a design flaw. Your elgato does not get muted unless you go in to its properties and mute it there. It's a major design flaw that requires a proper mixer, which we added in the rewrite, but the rewrite is still some time away.

Vaughn Wiskey - that's actually not a bug, but a design flaw. Your elgato does not get muted unless you go in to its properties and mute it there. It's a major design flaw that requires a proper mixer, which we added in the rewrite, but the rewrite is still some time away.
wow, I never noticed that before... thanks Jim... is this with every capture device? or just ElGato?

Joe33345

0.63b Test 2 is being flagged as malware by my Avast every time I open it :-(

EDIT: All previous versions of OBS are not flagged by Avast. All I'm saying. lol

Last edited:

paibox

heros in an halfshel
Okay? It's an "uncommon file", most bad antivirus will do stuff like this. We can't do anything about it.

AlderaaN

Hello guys, thanks for your ongoing updates with the original OBS!

A request please, regarding Translations:
When the time finally comes for a public (Beta or otherwise) update, please consider scraping all the latest translations into the build that gets released.

It's rewarding to see all the hard work that's being put into the translations (and also helps iron out syntax issues) just by making sure that every public release (Beta or otherwise) gets the proper attention it deserves in the translation department.

Also, seeing as releases are becoming pretty far and in between these days (and for good reasons), makes this whole matter even more important, IMO.

EDIT:
To put things in perspective, v0.63b Test 2 has just the English and Dutch translations up to snuff.
The rest is at least 2 months old.

Regards,
//Subscribed to thread.

Last edited:

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Don't worry, I *won't neglect it like I did that one time. I will update translations before even thinking about making the full release.

edit: typo

AlderaaN

Don't worry, I don't mess up like I did that one time. I will update translations before even thinking about making the full release.
Thanks, Jim!

One more question please, regarding the Hebrew RTL menu mirroring that Palana was working on back in the day.

Alignment for Broadcast Settings menu got all messed up with v0.63b Test 2, like so:
90IW47F.png

Could it please be fixed for the next Test release?

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.