OBS 0.52.08 aquaman build - quicksync & capture improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

slickpad

Re: OBS 0.52.05 toast build - quicksync

I've found a new bug similar to one of the currently standing known bugs: "Quicksync doesn't appear to work properly when you have more than four monitors connected to your main GPU (no clue why currently)"

Quicksync doesn't appear to work when I use triple monitors by having one monitor on my main gpu, a gtx 460, a monitor on my igpu, and another on my secondary gpu, a gt 610. If I then disconnect my 610 and put my 3rd monitor on my gtx 460, quicksync begins to function. Hopefully this can get fixed somewhere down the line.

Floatingthru

Community Helper

Finally got around to doing some QSV testing with my new 4770k featuring the HD 4600. Not sure if the quality increased over the previous igpu's though. The video is definitely watchable albeit using a decent chunk of bitrate, but being able to play any game without having to worry about cpu usage is nice. In this test my cpu was only 30% the whole time (4.3ghz). Ignore the name of the build, its a custom one with a different x264 dll.

http://pastebin.com/jbdU3Myb

http://www.twitch.tv/floatingthru/c/2399537

Geoning

Floatingthru said:
Finally got around to doing some QSV testing with my new 4770k featuring the HD 4600. Not sure if the quality increased over the previous igpu's though. The quality is definitely watchable albeit using a decent chunk of bitrate, but being able to play any game without having to worry about cpu usage is nice. In this test my cpu was only 30% the whole time (4.3ghz). Ignore the name of the build, its a custom one with a different x264 dll.

http://pastebin.com/jbdU3Myb

http://www.twitch.tv/floatingthru/c/2399537
With bitrate 3500 on HD 4000 stream is watchable too...
But check quality bitrate 750 with QSV and without.

Floatingthru, 30% cpu usage ? i guese QVS not enabled, i get max 10% cpu usage with QVS enabled and similar settings. I have i5-3450 hd2500. Codec H.264 is requires more bitrate, but less cpu usage with QVS, x.264 is requires less bitrate but hugh cpu usage for same quality of image.

Floatingthru

Community Helper

^^
Depends on the source of course ;p If I streamed my desktop the cpu would be 0%! Remember Me uses 30% of my cpu. Each game and source will be different. QSV was working for sure just by looking at the way it handles high motion.

I stream battlefield 3, with your settings, 60 fps and i get max 10% usage (3300Hz in play-stream time) on process OBS.exe. Pretty sure you don't enabled QSV or it cpu usage of all system ?

Also need see in what frequency cpu is working in stream time. Intel add hard instruments to save power. Maybe cpu works on 1500Hz. 30% of 1500Hz and 30% of 4300Hz not same.

Floatingthru

Community Helper

^^

OBS process was like under 3%, I mean overall total system wide all around super cpu usage meaning the game used 27% of my cpu.

PrefoX

how do you use the iGPU for encoding and your dedicated for the game? doesnt work here ; / or do u use virtu MVP shit?

Geoning

PrefoX said:
how do you use the iGPU for encoding and your dedicated for the game? doesnt work here ; / or do u use virtu MVP shit?
Force it in control panel.

Grue

For me when I enable opencl it increases cpu usuage by 10 %... I have gtx 650 and phenom II 965 BE. Also I set 12000 bitrate and when I enable opencl it records at 4000-5000 bitrate. This is for file output mode.

PrefoX, First I set in bios, igpu always on. Install latest drivers for hd graphics from intel site. Then I go to resolution of screen on windows 7, click found monitors, click on founded monitor(I don't have real connection to igpu monitor), try anyway to connect VGA, share screen, set same resolution as my monitor.

Like this, http://ru.twitch.tv/ivannew2012/b/414716895

Geoning

Grue said:
For me when I enable opencl it increases cpu usuage by 10 %... I have gtx 650 and phenom II 965 BE. Also I set 12000 bitrate and when I enable opencl it records at 4000-5000 bitrate. This is for file output mode.
Are you sure you checked CBR ?

Kharay

I love this build; I have an older CPU (i5 760) so I can't use QuickSync but x264 finally supporting OpenCL and this new build of OBS have made this somewhat dated PC do something it was never able to do before -- 1080p @ 30 FPS.

Without dropping a single frame. Of course I need to ensure to use the proper combination of settings in OBS and the game in question, to avoid taxing the CPU and GPU too much but the result is just astounding. And it's quite stable too. Just streamed for 7 and a half hours and not a single issue. In fact, the only hickup I had was my ISP throwing a burp and interrupting my connection for a few seconds but even that did not stop OBS from running like a charm.

Not bad for an i5 760 in combination with an HD 6870, right?

Throughout those 7 and a half hours not a single frame was dropped. I love this build. You have my thanks for it.

greengo

please do so that the program will retain the stream key, when you change Streaming Service.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin

If you are changing Streaming Services, why would you want to keep the same stream key? You should normally get a different key for each streaming service...

CommanderRoot

greengo said:
please do so that the program will retain the stream key, when you change Streaming Service.
Or you could use different profiles for each streaming service you use

JoaoJotao

Tested yesterday OBS with Quicksync, worked mostly stable and smoothly... and used HALF processor power (35-50% with 80% peaks) over Xsplit (70%-100%). My processor is a i5-2450m. Streamed at 360p because I only got a 1 mbps upload connection. Had trouble with scene changes but it was my error by not creating global sources, took some time to figure that out.

I think I can now run/record 720p streams, as soon as I get a decent upload connection. Brazil still has a long way to go about this.

As of quality, 360p isn´t a good parameter to measure, so I didn´t notice any big quality decrease in my stream.

Links (voices are in brazilian portuguese):

First try: http://www.twitch.tv/joaojotao/b/415316117

Second try, after global sources (crashed because of my outdated Dell driver): http://www.twitch.tv/joaojotao/b/415339900

Tim885885, seems like Quick Sync is better, but need same picture, maybe cut to half and show only top part from both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.