Bug Report OBS 0.13.1-rc1 Audio Issue

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Should be fixed. Thanks to everyone who helped debug of course, especially xhavok who patiently waited hours debugging the issue. I seriously love this community.

jdm12983

I am having similar issues - audio only partially records. No clue what is up but it won't record any audio except the desktop audio. Even though I set up like four different channels.

Used 0.12.3, 0.13.1-rc1, and 0.13.1 release. All have the issue.

Would like to switch to using OBS MP versus just OBS sense you can actually setup multiple audio channels for editing purposes; but, looks like it's completely broke or something for me.

Gol D. Ace

Ok.

You have the Output Mode set to Advanced, changed the format from flv to something else like mp4 and also checked all the tracks?

If so how do you check the audio tracks?

jdm12983

Ok.

You have the Output Mode set to Advanced, changed the format from flv to something else like mp4 and also checked all the tracks?

If so how do you check the audio tracks?

Talking to me?

If so, I have ti to record as MP4 because I don't know which other formats support multi-track audio.

Also, is there any way to set OBS MP to only record to a file; and not file and stream? Or is that option gone with this versus regular OBS?

Gol D. Ace

Yes I was talking to you.
You also checked the boxes where it says Tracks?
http://i.imgur.com/WP2sdos.png

With which program did you check that you have missing tracks?

There is no a File Output Only Mode. Just don't put a streamkey in and don't click start streaming.

jdm12983

Well, the basic way I test is record and talk - when I play it back it has no audio except for the game itself.

But, to be able to see the tracks when I edit I use Adobe Premiere Pro.

And the boxes you mentioned I tick all four sense I'm using four tracks. That's correct way to do it right?

Gol D. Ace

Yes.

So you're using Adobe Premiere Pro. Which version of it? Older versions do have issues with multi audio track recordings.

jdm12983

Latest version.

But, Just playing the audio back in VLC Media Player only can hear the game/"desktop" audio.

Which It worked a couple times properly; even seen the separate audio tracks and wave forms within Premiere. But no matter what I set anything to it's only recording the main desktop audio even though OBS MP shows the bars moving/picking up sounds.

belboz

Working good for me now.

Only issue I had was my mixer had all the track settings wrong. So some audio tracks had multiple things on them. That could have been my fault, or maybe the update. Either way, once I set them correctly everything is fine.

I will say it is telling me I can update to 0.13.2 now though.

DevonCM

I have a related question...

How does Twitch currently handle audio tracks? Does it only play 1? Does it "combine" them all on stream(at least as far as volume/mute control)?

It would be great to be able to split them up, even if their playback is combined. Even better if they add multiple controls on the player...

Anyway, I had this audio issue as well so that's why I'm here, but this discussion brought up these questions.