Nvidia Jetson devices

Costor

Hi Kcsquared,
a quick upfront remark: some weeks ago StreamFX had a new release to which my nvmpi encoder files are no longer compatible. The changes made in StreamFX however do not touch the core functionality but deal with online help etc. See my comment here ‘D_DESC’ was not declared in this scope · Issue #1 · Costor/nvmpi-obs-streamFX (github.com) .

But since you did not mention this you either work on the previous version that I have also used, or have managed to adapt the nvmpi-files.
If the latter (i.e. you have dealt with the D_DESC issue) you probably have some issue in the nvmpi_h264_handler.cpp/hpp files that prevents the symbol nvmpi_h264_handler from being declared or exported.

Any way: please check what you made different in the files hvmpi_hevc.handler.cpp/hpp files since you have not got a missing symbol error for nvmpi_hevc_handler.
Beyond that I can only guess:
1) StreamFX requires GCC 9 for a fully compatible C++ . However I've noted that ffmpeg reports GCC 7 for its build. So did you use GCC 9 for StreamFX?
2) You have double checked that there is no other (older) streamFX.so somewhere in the search path? Check LD_LIBRARY_PATH...

Regards, Costor

kravchenkoandrey

Hello!

So, I read the thread and still have some questions)

Do anybody successfully ran OBS with hardware encoding? What's the performance and heat release? Will 2GB version be enough for streaming?

Lars_LE

hey together,

i'm trying to build obs 29 for jetson nano and get NVENC enabled. i compiled ffmpeg with NVENC but it does not show up in OBS.

whats wrong?

mhensel

Hi was it possible for you to bring obs 27 running?

Maybe there is a basic fault. I've got a script for compiling obs 27 with the right dependencies. I can post it later. I will also try to bring obs 29 running.
My v27 is not perfect but it works. I have probs a bitrate limit at v27..

Tuna

hey together,

i'm trying to build obs 29 for jetson nano and get NVENC enabled. i compiled ffmpeg with NVENC but it does not show up in OBS.

whats wrong?
Jetson hardware encoder is NOT based on NVENC that is being used on GeForce GPUS.

Lars_LE

got it running with ffmpeg with nvmpi work great. best is streamfx, then you can chosse nvnmp as encoder and record buffer is also working work great, load is on gpu