NVIDIA has 2 OBS profiles with a slightly different setting

ciinTri

I was looking through various profiles in NVIDIA Profile Inspector, only to discover that there are 2 different OBS profiles.

One is called "OBS Studio", it gets detected in NVIDIA Control Panel's Program Settings if "Show only programs found in this computer" is ticked.
OBS Studio Profile.png

And the other one is called "Open Broadcaster Software", which has 1 NVIDIA Pre-defined setting that "OBS Studio" Profile does not, being "CUDA - Force P2 State". You can only see this profile in NVCP if you untick "Show only programs found in this computer".
Open Broadcaster Software.png

As you can see, both Profiles have slightly different settings. "Open Broadcaster Software" has a Pre-defined setting on CUDA - Force P2 State, while the other OBS Profile "OBS Studio" does not.

Wouldn't this create conflict since both NVIDIA Profiles are utilizing "obs64.exe" and have settings that differ?

koala

My understanding is that whatever nvcpl detects as found on this computer, is also used by the driver. So if you find 4 profiles and one of them is displayed as found on this computer, this profile is being used and the others not.

ciinTri

Good to know, however it is still weird that there are 2 profiles reading the same executable file, and having different settings which would probably be worth looking into.

Also I forgot to include that there is another NVIDIA Pre-defined setting in "Open Broadcaster Software" profile.
Screenshot 2024-10-14 080131.png

I'm well aware Optimus only applies on NVIDIA laptops.

From how I see it , I'm guessing there's a possibility that "Open Broadcaster Software" could've been made for older versions for OBS.
Even if this was the case, the question is why was it kept in the future drivers? Why would they include 2 OBS profiles in there with different Pre-defined settings? There's no way NVIDIA did this on purpose no?

I looked into other Live Streaming softwares and so far, most of them have a Pre-defined setting on "CUDA - Force P2 State" being turned off. This includes XSplit, vMix, and even Streamlabs OBS. I think it would be important to know that "OBS Studio" profile (the one being read in NVCP) doesn't have this Pre-defined setting, which "Open Broadcaster Software" profile has. There are also other live streaming softwares but they simply don't even have an NVIDIA profile.