NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK Freeze in OBS

YozhicVeda

Hi.
Updated NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK to version 1.1.0.5 causing obs to freeze as soon as I enable nvidia noise reduction
the problem is clearly in file "denoiser_48k.trtpkg" all other versions of this file work fine
Are these freezes only for me or do I need to wait for an update by the developers?
I guess need to update "noise-suppress-filter.c" in obs

P.s. by the way the first time I see a freeze program whose work can restore the 2nd run of the same program but this is clearly not the solution ))

Toad004

Hi.
Updated NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK to version 1.1.0.5 causing obs to freeze as soon as I enable nvidia noise reduction
the problem is clearly in file "denoiser_48k.trtpkg" all other versions of this file work fine
Are these freezes only for me or do I need to wait for an update by the developers?

P.s. by the way the first time I see a freeze program whose work can restore the 2nd run of the same program but this is clearly not the solution ))
I had the same problem.

The current SDK seems to conflict with Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows. Turning that feature off fixed the issue for me.

YozhicVeda

I had the same problem.

The current SDK seems to conflict with Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows. Turning that feature off fixed the issue for me.
interestingly ) try if you decide to enable the filter
uрdate to 28 version of OBS and stopped freeze (although there are difficulties running OBS)
compare the filter with NVIDIA Broadcast and turned out that the filter eats graphics card and reduce few fps in the game
so I decided to let it be NVIDIA Broadcast (with the cost of video memory and RAM which is a lot)

justaman

i have the same issue but i only have it when i run OBS as an administrator any fix beside NVIDIA Broadcast ?

derthaller

Hi.

Hey, the same happend to me and there is more.
If i have OBS running and Capture my screen and then Open the GeForece Expirience the OBS Freezes after a few Seconds.
I can't understand why this could happen, is it Nvidia or is it the Fault of OBS.
If u have an Nvidia "integration" with the v28 that shouldnt happen.

jeansagi

Ummm...

Using the nVidia SDK, OBS 28.1.2-64bit / Windows 11 Pro 22H2, still shows the same behavior described on this thread.

Haven't tried turning off "Hardware-Accelerated GPU Scheduling" on Windows but instead using nVidia broadcast as source for Audio (Echo and Noise reduction) and Video (Background removal) have done the trick for me (and as previously said at the expense of more resources consumed).

Probably, the next version of OBS/Nvidia will address this issue.

J.

but instead using nVidia broadcast as source for Audio (Echo and Noise reduction) and Video (Background removal) have done the trick for me (and as previously said at the expense of more resources consumed).
Hey.
I want to say thanks!

This fixed the issue for me and I can use the NV AI Audio filter with no crashes. My CPU/GPU load has not measurably increased (Ryzen 5 3600 - RTX 3600 TI )
What does cost some noticeable resources is I think the Video effect.
Anyways, I am happy (for) now.

Time to get a dedicated gaming room to skip all this stuff...if only my wallet would allow it right now :)

bournejosan

Hi.
Updated NVIDIA Audio Effects SDK to version 1.1.0.5 causing obs to freeze as soon as I enable nvidia noise reduction in my dj frankfurt audios.

I got the issue using audacity because of this but feds up with their setting. Please get some update about this issue if you find?

YozhicVeda

I got the issue using audacity because of this but feds up with their setting. Please get some update about this issue if you find?
Disappointed in bad nvidia denoising and solved the problem when I installed Extract dialog + Denoise from Acon Digital :)
still have a good Clarity VX but could not add to OBS (possible through LIhgt Host) but Extract dialog and Denoise do a great job of denoising