NVENC Performance Improvements (Release Candidate)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIRTY CES

Mhm not realy i have a rtx 2080 TI and i comparsd it with Medium the Different is big in my mind. i hope in the final version is it rly 1:1 to Cpu Medium but for now. not a change for me.

I agree with you, I streamed using 2080ti nvenc new and it looks worse on youtube then me using my i7 7700k at veryfast. Very upset I thought it would fix the blurry on my stream when moving

Overflow

I agree with you, I streamed using 2080ti nvenc new and it looks worse on youtube then me using my i7 7700k at veryfast. Very upset I thought it would fix the blurry on my stream when moving
Youtube is another thing because youtube re-encode your quality, you have to try twitch, it doesnt re-encode at source quality.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
Even if you use x264 as codec, you need to leave some gpu headroom for obs, is that right?
Yes. Be careful not to get rendering and encoding confused. Rendering is the process of taking all your sources and flattening them down onto a single uncompressed frame. That happens on the GPU no matter what. Encoding is the process of taking that uncompressed frame and compressing it so that you can stream it or save it at a smaller file size.

DIRTY CES

Youtube is another thing because youtube re-encode your quality, you have to try twitch, it doesnt re-encode at source quality.

yeah but my friend has a i7 7700k and streams at veryfast and we have the same settings and his looks better. thats why I posted my log to see if someone here can see if something is wrong with my setup but got no answer, I posted it up twice

Dunno about youtube but it is looking good on mixer FTL (4770k w/ 1080ti) ---High quality, Bitrate 5500, Max Quality, Profile High,keyframe 2, psycho tuning , b-frame 3. Streamed 8+hours lost maybe 120 frames. Looking Excellent as well. So far I'm happy with it. Will test with other games. https://mixer.com/SteeledPick?vod=83661846

NVIDIA's 418.81 driver enabled the P2 state for CUDA for some reason. The only way I knew this is through the Nvinspector tool and I believe this is like a power saving feature. I'm not sure what effect this will have on OBS and the encoder, but I guess I'll have to see.

Really really cool! (Why b-frame 3? Whats the difference with 2?)
B-frames at one point had to be zero because it would break Mixer FTL, Mixer has fixed that issue and another person suggested I try 3. I've been using it since.
I noticed a stutter once in a while in my stream so Preset: Performance and Profile high seem to work just as well without the occasional stutter.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
There is a new build available, OBS Studio 23.0 Release Candidate 1. This includes the changes in the other beta, as well as several additional improvements. There is a new thread specifically for the release candidate here: https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-studio-23-0-release-candidate.100204/

Please leave all new feedback on that thread. Thank you for testing -- it has proved extremely valuable!

Status
Not open for further replies.