Resource icon

Free Now Playing Display (via Last.FM) 2020-02-04

Xaymar

Nevermind, It was a problem on my end.
But I do have one question. Some songs have long titles/song name and it makes the text go off the background. Is there a way to fix that?

Reduce the vertical size of the browser source, or adjust the font size with the css override.

Xaymar

Have you thought about setting it to scroll when the titles longer than a certain integer using css3 and maybe a little bit of JS?

At 2560x150, none of the music tracks I listen to come even close to filling it out at all. So it's not really interesting to me to add a feature I'll never use. Besides, wouldn't it just be better at that point to use the css override to remove the dash and have artist and title on separate lines?

Ramautso

This is easily one of the best 'Now Playing' displays, so thank you!

A couple of questions:
  • How would I make the text scroll slowly, when the song name is too long for the box (or has a .feat artist), without making the box larger?
  • How can I make it disappear after 5 seconds?

Xaymar

A couple of questions:
  • How would I make the text scroll slowly, when the song name is too long for the box (or has a .feat artist), without making the box larger?
  • Probably by modifying the HTML/JS code to support it. Out of the box I have no need for it, so you'll have to add it yourself.
  • CSS animations would be an option, the "slide_in" CSS class is used for sliding in. Just make it so that the CSS "slide_out" class is always outside, and use the "flip" css class to deal with track changes.

RDB14

First of all, thanks so much Xaymar, great tool.

A couple of questions:
Just add a filter (scroll effect)... I have done this, easily done. See this screenshot.
Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 4.54.27 PM.png

WhyLose

Your terrific Now Playing feed seems to have failed over my night.

A clip just now and one from yesterday showing where it was.

Any idea if it will return please?

I am still connected to Last.FM as you can see from the music info box at the bottom right corner. It's just a cropped version of the AIMP Now Playing box.

I have reloaded it but I can't do anything else. It was working so beautifully. I hasn't appeared for at least an hour now.

Xaymar

Your terrific Now Playing feed seems to have failed over my night.

A clip just now and one from yesterday showing where it was.

Any idea if it will return please?

I am still connected to Last.FM as you can see from the music info box at the bottom right corner. It's just a cropped version of the AIMP Now Playing box.

I have reloaded it but I can't do anything else. It was working so beautifully. I hasn't appeared for at least an hour now.

There were simply too many users at the same time on the same API key. I guess I actually have to buffer things for people now. :/

WhyLose

Okay. Thanks. I just guess it will come and go in the future then? It's still not back here at the moment.

Xaymar

Thanks. I'll give it a go when I'm feeling ambitious. It's working again BTW.

Yeah I think I just have to add a small database infront of the file in the future which is only used if people don't specify their own api key. That way the original API key will not be overloaded.

WhyLose

i'm not the most technical but on my overlay only the music song/artist and song art are scrolling....
Mine has been fine but the API limit may been reached again I guess as it's off currently.

I have been a paid member of Last.FM for years @Xaymar. Do they provide a higher API threshold for paid members? I can't see anything about limits. Just an idea.

Xaymar

I have been a paid member of Last.FM for years @Xaymar. Do they provide a higher API threshold for paid members? I can't see anything about limits. Just an idea.

No, you have to apply for a higher limit, but I have not gotten a response yet. For the time being, I've reduced the update rate to once every 15 seconds instead of once every 10 seconds.