Not wanting to stream

David Owen

Complete newbie here. I have a Stream Deck but I don't want to stream. What I'd like to do is to run a quiz and display several programs, like Excel for scoring teams, and Powerpoint for displaying visual questions, and a video player for video questions, with perhaps a timer if there is a timed section. So, all of these programs and items will be on my computer which I would like to display to the audience through a projector. Is OBS the right platform for me, or should I do it better just through the streamdeck - liked the idea of having multiple screens showing what may be coming next, for example.

PhoebeZeitler

I notice nobody answered your question, so I'll do so in the hopes that your question is still pertinent to your situation:

"Is OBS the right platform?" .........maybe.

OBS will be very useful in crafting the overall visual presentation of the course and having a single output window. That being said, at that point you're really just obviating the need for the stream deck, as you can control what you need to via OBS directly.

What I would suggest, and this may not be feasible, would be to set up a private stream going to something simple like a Raspberry Pi connected to your projector, and the Pi would act mostly as your streaming platform-- you're broadcasting to an audience of one, in essence. You can then have your main system control the whole shebang as you see fit-- stream deck, OBS mouse clicking, whatever.