Question / Help Not streaming audio even though OBS recognizes it?

scatterclegge

Hey all, I'm using OBS studio with a gv-usb2 for streaming gameplay. About half the time and for no discernable reason, my game audio (through the capture device) doesn't come across on the stream. The audio source is in OBS in the list of audio sources, and the green bar shows that OBS recognizes that audio is coming through. It's not muted. It just doesn't come across in the stream. Other audio (mic, desktop audio) comes across fine, so I really have no idea what my problem could be here.

C-Dude

make sure you have the audio tracks set up correctly. Go into your audio mixer and make sure it is selected on track one. Also make sure that if you are using advanced output mode then you have audio track 1 set to record.

If you are still getting this issue please upload a log

scatterclegge

I screwed with the audio track settings and I managed to get game audio with some certain settings (not sure which, this was a while back) but that disabled mic; couldn't get both at the same time. But this happens even when all audio tracks are selected for all sources. And as I said this only happens sometimes but next time I'll upload a log.

C-Dude

-Update OBS
-Run obs 64bit instead of 32bit

So if I am getting this right? OBS recognizes the audio and the audio bar is moving along with the correct audio. But is not outputting to stream?

Make sure you know which audio track you are streaming to and then in the audio mixer make sure the device is selected on the correct audio track.

lackattack24

I am also having this issue. I'll be streaming for about 2 hours and then the audio stops outputting to stream. I can see the audio bar picking up on my GV-USB2 source. I can upload a log when it happens again.

Dorkmaster Flek

I also have this issue with OBS Studio. It worked totally fine in original OBS, it's only an issue with Studio. Happens after about 1.5-2 hours, the audio bar in the mixer is still going from the GV-USB2 source, but the local recording and stream will have the audio cut out. If you wait another hour or so, it will usually come back on, but the audio will then be delayed. I'm wondering if it's an issue with buffering in OBS Studio.

My workaround is to run the audio from the GV-USB2 into my PC line in instead and add this as a mic/aux source in the sound options in OBS Studio. This has worked for me as a workaround so far, but it would be preferable for this issue to get fixed in OBS Studio.

takaze

Same problem as described. Latest version of OBS Studio (18.0.1), 64 bit, Windows 10. OBS Studio will stop streaming my GV-USB2 Audio after a few hours (works without issue until then), though it still registers in the sound bar. Desktop & Mic audio are unaffected. I can have OBS route the GVUSB2 to my Desktop audio and I can hear the game audio there fine (I choose not to while streaming).

Problem is resolved after I exit/reopen OBS.

Can post a Log when it happens again if it'll be helpful

Update:
Posted Log. I removed GVUSB2 to handle my audio, and instead am feeding audio directly to my PC via LineIn. I thought this would resolve the problem, and it seemed to at first. Ended up with a similar problem tonight (Instead of No-game-audio, audio was instead severely garbled after ~3 hours) Logs show the "Max audio buffering reached!" message once the problem starts occurring. As far as I'm aware, I only started getting this issue with the GVUSB, not prior to it. There's another thread that talks about this message, but doesn't give any confirmed solutions.
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/max-audio-buffering-reached.47464/

Attachments

• 2017-05-04 19-56-53.txt
    20 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

takaze

How do you run the card to line in?
Just to be clear, it didn't change anything for me. You'll want your audio going into your Line In port (if you have a Desktop, it's usually the Blue port nearby to your Microphone & Audio Out ports). Then in OBS Studio you can either set a new source as Line In, or you can configure your GVUSB to use the Line in as it's audio source.

But again, it didn't solve my problem.

After doing more testing it may be related to the FPS at which the GVUSB is being captured, vs the FPS at which you are streaming at. Try setting them to be the same (e.g. set both to 30 fps or 60 fps). By default the GVUSB seems to use 29.97 fps, and OBS logs were complaining about them not being the same, but the messages went away as soon as I set both to 30fps. This seems to maybe fix it? But I'm not 100% sure and requires more testing. Might also want to check that your other video sources are being captured at the same FPS too (WebCam).

Try it out and post your results!

Edit: After more testing this didn't end up being a solution. I've since installed Amarec (not really something I wanted to do) and using that as the video source. Problem has gone away, though the logs will still have the occasional message about the audio buffering, the max is never being reached and I don't seem to have audio problems.
Ideally though: I would prefer to use the GVUSB2 directly as a source in OBS Studio and not have to use Amarec. There are other potential solutions, but I'm kinda done trying :/.

Last edited:

MegaManX381

Has anyone solved this issue? I am currently dealing with this as well, audio dropping out after a period of time with the GV-USB2.

Having same issue with same device. Occasionally after a reset, I'll lose sync or the audio all together; if I monitor output, gv-usb2 sound is there (and in my recordings). Sometimes just changing the output to waveout and back to capture only, it'll restore audio, but sometimes it won't. I have found 100% work around, deactivate the device in OBS, close OBS, re-open OBS, and then reactivate device, but that's not really an ideal solution, especially since that means killing the stream.

I've resorted to just outputting to the desktop audio, it's not a solution for everyone but it works for me, generally. When outputting to the desktop, I've never lost audio after a reset.

QuiteSuperMario

I'm also having the issues outlined in the above posts

It's very frustrating in general, as I think OBS and the GV-USB2 capture card are great :( Plus, Amarec hecking hates me no matter how I set it up, so that isn't an option for me

QuiteSuperMario

I suppose I should clarify that for me the audio dies anywhere between 5 minutes - 3 hours. I seem to notice a correlation between resets (resetting/switching games console off and on again) and the audio dying.

The majority of the time, the audio dies, or starts to desyncthen die after I do a reset. If I don't do any resets, the audio is fairly reliable and has only cut out on me once over a samply of 500+ vods

QuiteSuperMario

I tested my capture overnight without resetting the console, and I have 9 hours of footage with synced audio.

For me, loss of audio with OBS seems linked to resetting the console

Finalflame

Same issue for me. It was fine at the start of a stream, then cut out after about 20 minutes randomly. Reading thru the responses, has this been fully solved yet? I just got this capture device, and don't want to already have to replace it.

eyzas

This problem took a lot of time and frustrating. I think it's the same problem.

We solved it like this; we had obs live installed. We removed it and it was fixed.

Additional info: OBS live doesn't support the latest obs studio version, so it won't let you update it either. After removing obs live, we updated obs studio. If obs live is installed, "Check for update" does not appear in the help tab of the menus.

I hope it helps. :)