Question / Help NOT SOLVED Weird Encoding Overloaded Problem (LOG IN COMMENTS)

Scertile

Now I know people reading this will probably have seen this somewhere before but I've tried quite a lot from those articles and nothing is working so far.

Ever since I started recording with OBS I’ve been noticing lots of problems with my recording. Whenever I look at the OBS program itself I see the Encoding Overloaded message quite a lot, my recordings freeze for sometimes 5 seconds at a time and are generally very choppy. I’ve looked at the other articles about this and I haven’t made a lot of progress.

Here are my PC’s specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 4415U @ 2.30GHz, 2304 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 610
RAM: 4GB
Motherboard: 81EK
Storage: SAMSUNG MZVLW128HEGR-000L2

As you can see I don’t have the best PC but all these articles say I can run 30fps on a lower resolution with a low end PC and yet I’m still getting 11 or 12 fps quite a lot and an encoding overloaded message. My game is and has always been unaffected but the encoding is poor. When I look on task manager my CPU and GPU are very variable and are quite high most of the time, maybe 60 to 95%. I only have OBS and the game I’m playing open, so what’s going wrong?

Tarumes

Hello

please read pinned posts they say provide a logfile
https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/please-post-a-log-with-your-issue-heres-how.23074/

Please try to include a recording/streaming session when you experience problems while streaming or recording,
as OBS only writes important performance data during recording or streaming sessions.

If you have solved your problem yourself, please let the others know how you did it If someone else has the same problem,
he will find your post, read it through, is no step closer to solving it, and has wasted some time.

https://obsproject.com/wiki/General-Performance-and-Encoding-Issues

koala

Your CPU is not powerful enough to encode this resolution with x264.
Your iGPU supports Quicksync. Switch the encoder from x264 to Quicksync. Choose profile high, and for recording choose ICQ as rate control with an ICQ quality of 18-23, where lower values mean higher quality.

Scertile

I did everything you said, I put ICQ at 23 and this is the result. Lagged frames due to encoding is still at 7% which is still quite high, plus rendering lagged frames is at 30%. Do I need to go to a really bad resolution to even be able to put anything out?

Attachments

• 2019-09-15 18-38-18.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 8

Narcogen

If you're getting rendering lag, then yes, you either need to reduce canvas resolution or drop the load caused by whatever application you're capturing.

This machine is significantly below what would currently be considered minimum specification for decent quality recording.