Bug Report Not Receiving Source Audio Despite Showing It

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Okay, I need to do two things:

1.) I need to make those GL failures not repeat, and 2.) I need to make an option so you can turn on debug logging in order to see if there's any issue with audio.

If it's showing the audio active it should theoretically be working, but I'm guessing it's a timestamp issue or something. Never heard of this issue though, is there more information? Specific circumstances? How are things plugged in?

Triscy

Okay, I need to do two things:

1.) I need to make those GL failures not repeat, and 2.) I need to make an option so you can turn on debug logging in order to see if there's any issue with audio.

If it's showing the audio active it should theoretically be working, but I'm guessing it's a timestamp issue or something. Never heard of this issue though, is there more information? Specific circumstances? How are things plugged in?

It happens seemingly at random. Everything is plugged in as usual. I use an Avermedia capture card with audio sent from my PC via Nvidia's built in audio deal, using VAC to send it to both that and my headset. The capture card is the source I use on my 2nd streaming PC. Normally it works just fine. When it actually isn't working, I have no indication whatsoever; I just find out later in the recording(or, if I'm lucky, from a friend in chat) that there's absolutely no audio from the HDMI source into the capture card despite the bars for audio going up/down in tune to what I'm hearing over my headphones.

Also, I am not doing anything abnormal/different with my setup when this happens. It hasn't happened recently, but it happened a few times too many to not be an obnoxious issue.

fireball87

I'm having a similar issue currently with my gvusb capture card. I have not tested it on other devices yet (since my switch to windows 10), so it's possible all my audio will do this over time. I can see the volume indicator moving with what should be broadcast. When the audio break happens, the stream hears the audio crackle and distort, and then it stops playing.

I may run a cleaner test, that includes a copy of everything that I see.

http://www.twitch.tv/fireball87/v/12084490
Is a twitch VOD localized on a single instance of the issue. It happens once every maybe 15-20 minutes for me, at least.

Logs show nothing useful that I can see, but I have uploaded them.

(--edit-- removed "If I set it so it outputs audio, I will hear the audio and it will not break, but the people watching the stream will lose the audio." In further testing, this output doesn't work like this, in that wave output audio never goes to stream, and editing my video source at all brings audio back up. I will try outputting to desktop, and then recording my speakers as a test workaround.)

(--double edit-- I can work around this issue by using amarectv, so I will do that for now)

Attachments

• 2015-08-21 01-50-30.txt
    17 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: