Question / Help Noobie Interface/Mic Question

Marcleffe

Hey all,

I just downloaded OBS for Mac today and I'm trying to use it for streaming on Twitch. I'd like to use my audio interface (Focusrite Saffire Pro 40) and condenser mic for the input, but OBS doesn't seem to pick up any of the input if I go Sources > Audio Input Capture > Create New > Device > Saffire. The only input I can get is if I'm using the built-in mic on my MBP. Thanks ahead for any help!

Amenince

I don't know how much I can do to help, but I actually use a Focusrite ITrack Solo with an MXL 770 condenser. In recording devices I have my interface set as the default. In OBS in Audio I have the Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device set to my interface (both of which are labeled Line In (iTrack Solo) in my case). Then I have Force Microphone/Auxiliary to Mono checked. You can try the Reinitialize button and see if it adds the interface, but other than that I don't know what else you could try.

Good luck, hopefully a dev can help if I didn't.

howellbp

I have the same problem. I have a Focusrite Scarlett interface on Mac OS and "Mic/Aux" does not register any input from the mic, even though I know the mic is working (I can use it in every program except OBS).

Zane O.

I don't know how much I can do to help, but I actually use a Focusrite ITrack Solo with an MXL 770 condenser. In recording devices I have my interface set as the default. In OBS in Audio I have the Microphone/Auxiliary Audio Device set to my interface (both of which are labeled Line In (iTrack Solo) in my case). Then I have Force Microphone/Auxiliary to Mono checked. You can try the Reinitialize button and see if it adds the interface, but other than that I don't know what else you could try.

Good luck, hopefully a dev can help if I didn't.

On my version of OBS Mac (0.6.4) I dont see any box that says Force Audio To Mono! This is the drawback I am having..

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Force to mono is important for some people, yea. Can't give a time frame though, but it will be added at some point. Keep in mind the application is still in its early phases of development so there are a lot of key features still yet to be implemented.

Chevex

This issue seems to be related to the bug I just filed.

https://obsproject.com/mantis/view.php?id=138

The "Audio Input Capture" plugin only allows you to capture audio from the system default input device, no matter what device you actually select in the dropdown menu. The only way I've gotten around it is to click settings and go to the audio tab, which apparently has another area to select devices. It's confusing that there is an audio input capture plugin in addition to global audio input settings. I guess this is so you can opt to setup your audio once and have that persist across all your scenes, while the Audio Input Capture plugin allows you to have scene-specific audio?

Regardless, the selection dropdowns in the audio settings actually do choose the right device so for now just setup your audio there until the plugin is fixed.

- Chev

Robob

I believe this is the same bug/issue I am having with my black magic capture card, I only can see levels moving from internal mic and no other source no matter what i select, is there a way to set the default device on a Mac? I haven't noticed the option anywhere in my poking around

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
I added 'force mono' to the latest version but the build server isn't up yet so I'm waiting on that before I can make an official update. I really need that build server up. I may just start posting self-made builds somewhere.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Ah, and I also do see the bug with the audio capture, technically just because I didn't add an update callback for it. I'll have to fix that.

Kw1q51lv3r

So basically the problem here is that a bug with the audio input, and the lack of a "force mono" function for individual mic/aux inputs in 0.6.4, is causing the program to ignore any input from external interfaces, and we basically have to wait for a solution to be patched in?

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
If the build server doesn't get updated by this weekend I'm releasing it myself. I'm sorry about making you wait for it.

justyle

I also have this problem aswell with my shure sm7b microphone and my apogee duet interface. Need that force mic to mono option please! Thanks!

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's now in 0.8.1, please update to it when you have the chance if it did not already auto-update.

Kw1q51lv3r

I'm still not getting any input in OBS from my firewire interface. I've updated to 0.8.1, played around with my interface settings, played around with soundflower and system audio setup, and forced mono on the mic/aux channel, but to no avail.