Noob help - obs and tiktok studio

egghead2024

Hi I'm trying to do my streaming setup and I've been trying for 4 days and cannot get it right.

I have video in OBS but no audio. And tiktok studio doesn't update the video or audio at all.

I tried streaming directly through tiktok but it doesn't recognize the capture card.

I'm using the basic vivitar capture card I got at Walmart. I've watched as many videos as possible on YouTube and tried all of the different settings and I'm still not getting any audio at all.

PS4 / windows laptop 64

qhobbes

That's where it should show. Is it enabled? When you're playing a game does audio meter move there?
Go to Properties, check Levels and Advanced. Make sure the boxes for Exclusive Mode are checked.

If that's all good, in OBS go to Settings, Audio, Global Audio Devices and see if you can add it there from a Mic/Auxiliary Audio slot.

egghead2024

That's where it should show. Is it enabled? When you're playing a game does audio meter move there?
Go to Properties, check Levels and Advanced. Make sure the boxes for Exclusive Mode are checked.

If that's all good, in OBS go to Settings, Audio, Global Audio Devices and see if you can add it there from a Mic/Auxiliary Audio slot.
Hi. Thank you so much. I'm not great with technical stuff will you be more specific. Is it enabled where? Does the audio meter move where? Go to properties in the PC or the game or obs? Where is exclusive mode

qhobbes

Go to properties in the Sound control panel. If it's disabled, it should show Disabled. See Microphone in pic. If the device is receiving audio, the meter to the right of the name should "light up"/change color. See top Elgato in pic. On this screen, click on the device (see bottom Elgato in pic) and then click on the Properties button. From here you can access Levels and Advanced for exclusive mode stuff.

Attachments

• sound-properties.png
    sound-properties.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 11

egghead2024

Go to properties in the Sound control panel. If it's disabled, it should show Disabled. See Microphone in pic. If the device is receiving audio, the meter to the right of the name should "light up"/change color. See top Elgato in pic. On this screen, click on the device (see bottom Elgato in pic) and then click on the Properties button. From here you can access Levels and Advanced for exclusive mode stuff.
I attached pics. It doesn't show up under playback at all and I don't see a way to add it. I don't see the volume bars moving at all under recording
Screenshot_20240321-142834.png

egghead2024

Hey I was wondering if you got my last message. I'd really like to get this going if you can help me please

qhobbes

Yes, click on "Digital Audio Interface", click the [Properties] button in the bottom right, then make sure the levels are up and exclusive mode is enabled

qhobbes

It's not showing up in on the playback tab because that is for devices that sound plays back through such as speakers, headphones and digital to analog converters. The recording tab is for sound input devices.

egghead2024

Okay I got you. So I clicked on properties and everything for exclusive control is checked and the levels are at 100. Not seeing any sign of it showing sound on the bars or in OBS though.