non-specific feedback

GodlessGeek

I've been a member of the forums for almost a year but I've never posted. I suddenly felt compelled to say "Hi!".

TL;DR/ I just want to thank the people working on OBS for doing such a fine job. I've been using it a little longer than a year and have had very good results with it. /TL;DR

As the title mentioned, my feedback isn't about anything specific. I have been using it on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I've read about there being some sort of chat I can visit with issues but I've never been there because I've never needed it. Any questions I've had were already answered right here on the forum.

On rare occasions I've used OBS for recording but I normally use it to stream my game play to Twitch. I'm not trying to be a professional, I just do it for kicks and giggles.

I dual-boot with Ubuntu Linux but, until recently, I had never tried OBS on Linux because I don't use Linux to game. I got curious and decided to install the multi-platform version that is being developed just to see how it looked. The install went flawlessly. I didn't have a game to stream so I just used the screen capture to stream me doing some stuff on my desktop. Everything worked smoothly and the quality was excellent. Very impressive.

Hat tip to the people working on this. Great stuff.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
It's nice to hear, thank you. You are awesome. Usually people only come on to the forums when they have a question/problem/bug (which is fine, it's what it's here for). All the people involved are awesome, and not just my fellow developers but also all the users as well, and without everyone it wouldn't have been able to reach this point. I am really thankful to everybody because I've met some awesome people, made awesome friends, and it's turned my life around to some extent.