Question / Help No Video, Only Audio and Placeholder Browser mode only Win 7

joecitizen

Hello, Win 7 Pro on OBS "browser" source, only getting the audio and screen place holder
https://obsproject.com/logs/ZcOWO6c7CvQ9M7Ab
Disabled gpu (gtx760) in shortcut target line as well as in nvidia 3d settings, reinstalled mozilla, used different version of mozilla, updated java, tried ie browser, not using hardware acceleration. Also "interact" window with browser comes up but video is not visible there, but does work if i blindly happen to hit asomething on the screen like play or mute. Re-installed obs multiple times. Local file does not display in browser mode as well. Tried various settings in browser. Any help would be appreciated. Only saw one post on this exact problem back in 2016

Harold

None of the steps you followed were relvant to your issue.

Disable browser source hardware acceleration in settings - advanced in obs or update to a newer version of windows.

joecitizen

Please refer to where i said hardware acceleration is not on . And OBS 22.0.1 download says Win 7 is fine to run. But thank you.

Harold

11:44:46.859: Browser Hardware Acceleration: true
Your log says hardware acceleration of browser sources is enabled.

Settings in the individual browsers on your system have NO control over hardware acceleration of OBS' browser source type.

joecitizen

Never knew that. Actually glad to hear that because i might be able to quit banging my head aginst this desk. Where do i find the actual hardware acceleration that everybody talks about turning off. Sorry for the ignorance.

joecitizen

Harold, Thank you a hundred times over. I am an old guy swimming in uncharted waters with technology. I did not understand what you were referencing because I did not see that I was not at the bottom of the page where the setting was. 4 days of this and it is fixed. Thank you! I guess if nothing else I now know my Alien better than I ever thought I would , and have been places on my computer I didn't know were there. Many virtual high gravity beers to you.