Question / Help No video being broadcast from OBS

Jdick516

I am using OBS Studio and have copied the settings of a friend of mine who has essentially the exact same PC as I do, or at least the same components I do. His OBS is working fine, but with mine every time i want to stream/record something nothing shows in the main OBS Window. The audio works, not the best quality but it comes through, there is no video though. When I look in the settings of my specific game capture it shows video, plays audio, but on the main window of OBS there is no video. Getting pretty frustrated with this. Log is below.

https://gist.github.com/45463b72f5a542aaba87bbefecf606b9

Simes

If you are alt-tabbing away from a fullscreen game to check the OBS window, nothing will show from the game while it is minimised. You've been recording video, does the game show up in the video (when you don't alt-tab away from it)?

Jdick516

Simes: The Twitch Archive of the stream has no video, only sound, even when the game window was the active window. I haven't checked the recordings because i have been looking at the twitch recordings of it and watching my own stream on my phone/ipad on the twitch app. Rog: i have not tried the desktop capture yet, but i will tonight/this weekend. I'm still brand new to OBS, but i've been messing around with it since tuesday morning and have had no luck at this point, which is why my friend suggested i come here for help.

Simes

Might be a problem with UWP games? Try a display capture instead, as I believe Rog was suggesting.