NO V4lsinkProperties in Menu/Tools

Producer John

Working on getting the V42Lsink working for obs. I have a Virtual Cam button, but no Sink selection in Tools. Any ideas what I am screwing up? what info do i need to post to help you help me? and no, my name isn't jerry.

Tuna

The sink selection is from the old external plugin. It is not part of the new buildin virtualcam. Also there is no way to specify which device to use. It uses the first available.

Producer John

So running "modprobe v4l2loopback devices=1 video_nr=10 card_label="OBS Cam" exclusive_caps=1" doesn't do anything at all? ...*grabs another bottle of tylenol*

Tuna

What do you mean with "does not do anything"?

Haven't looked deep into code, but I believe it will use /dev/video10 then as thats the first found v4l2loopback device.

The idea is to not load the module manually anyway. OBS should ask for permission and load the module itself.

Producer John

From what I've read, it does load auto...that's the issue. EVERYTHING I have wants to be dev/video0. So I get no output from OBSVC, my cams flicker, they all 'broadcast' over one another. The only 'fix' I've found is a rollback to OBS25, and modprobing the He.. out of V4L2. Much easier said than done for me, being a total Linux dolt. Perhaps I'll try to mod the cams and see....I swear, if i could grab my hair. I'd have none.

Producer John

If anyone is effectively using cellcams (Droidcam &/or Iriun) alongside OBS 26 VirtualCam in Linux, please do an old man a favor, teach me how.

Producer John

Update: I applied a TimeShift (before installing most software), & reinstalled OBS26.1.1, Droicam, and V4L2 dkms(w/sink). Started Droidcam then OBS, then did a modprobe to V4Lloopback (I think this was my fail in earlier attempts to make it work). Result: droicam is on vid0, and OBS VirtCam now resides on vid1! I have a working OBS output including Droidcam (verified with VLC). Haven't attempted Zoom yet. Will let you know how it goes.....

Producer John

Update2: OBSVC is working in Zoom now. (HOORAH!!) I wish i knew WTH I did to make it work. (Better lucky than good?)
Now to get sound from Droidcam....more head bashing

mvalenzr

Hello!
I have a similar problem with OBS Cam and Iriun Webcam, both want to be /dev/video2 and I can't find a way to move OBS Cam or Irium Webcam to another /dev/videoX so that they can transmit video separately.

Could you help me?
Thanks!

Producer John

Wish i could say yes, I had it working last week, but now am back to the glitch. I really dont know wtf i did to get it working. It MIGHT have been assigning Droidcam to a device. Look at Dev47s multicam instructions. That's the next thing I am going to attempt. First, tho I am trying to get the Droidcam-OBS plugin to operate.