Question / Help no sound

jmelton

Just did a test recording, and when I play it back, there's no sound. I set it up with the setup program and chose the default settings, which according to the instructions said it would default to the built-in mic for the audio source and I would have to enter the video source. I set up the camera as the video source and then proceeded to record. Sound meters showed that the program was picking up my voice, but there was no sound when I played it back.

I am using Linux Mint 19.1 and a Lenovo Thinkpad. I haven't had any issues with sound for any other application.

jmelton

This is crazy, I solved my problem and wanted to delete this thread, but I don't see any way to do so. So, I'm replying to follow up and say I solved my problem, and ask how one can delete posts or replies on this forum. Basically, the default media player didn't show any obvious indication that it was muting my audio when I played the test video, and the volume settings appeared fine. But then, when I opened the file in VLC, it showed that for whatever reason the audio was muted by default, and when I clicked unmute the audio played immediately, including on the default audio player that comes with Linux Mint.