Question / Help No sound when game is open (League of Legends)

vivendi

Hi,

I'm using OBS to stream a game of League of Legends with some music playing in the background.

Everything seems to work fine when i'm in the champion select screen of LoL, but as soon as the game starts then the music that's playing in the background isn't streamed along with the visuals. Even the sounds from the game it self isn't streamed.

So it all works fine, untill the actual game starts. Anyone any idea what the problem could be?

PS. I'm wearing a (USB) headphone, not sure if that makes any difference?

Also added my log file.

Edit: Also added a screenshot of my sound devices, maybe that could be of some help. In OBS i tried to set "Desktop Audio Device" to both "Speakers (4- Logitech USB Headset)" and "Default". But both didn't stream the audio. (I restarted OBS and the game after changing the settings)

Attachments

• 2013-10-21-2103-19.log
    5.7 KB · Views: 166
  • obs.png
    91.2 KB · Views: 145

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Well the problem with the game not being streamed could be because you're using monitor capture with a fullscreen game (if you're running the game fullscreen, I would recommend setting it to borderless instead so it can be captured)

Not sure about the audio though, that definitely shouldn't happen. Though perhaps if you're running the game fullscreen that might be part of the issue - see if the borderless mode helps at all.

If you already were running windowed/borderless though let me know

vivendi

I managed to fix the problem. In the mean time i was already using the scene switcher plugin, so it was streaming the game window only instead of using monitor capture. The game was also in window mode the whole time. But this all didn't do the trick.

I just played around with my audio device settings. I changed the "Stereo Mix" properties. In the "Listen" tab i changed "Playback through this device" to "Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition)" instead of my USB Headphone.

In OBS i changed in Settings > Audio > Desktop Audio Device to: Default.

With these settings i'm able to hear the music play in the background from my web browser and i also hear all the in game sounds, which is what i wanted.

Arctorius

I found that with Diablo 3 anyways, you have to make sure you have "Play sound in background" going on the game or it won't pick it up