Question / Help No sound on OBS while trying to capture from mixer

alllright

I will repost this again as i don't know why it has been deleted!

Hello guys,

How do you capture audio from this mixer to OBS Studio? I have tried via USB (the rear USB port coming from the mixer) but i can't ear any audio in OBS Studio.

The weird thing is that OBS Studio actually recognizes the mixer. When i add a new source in OBS (through Audio Input Capture) and select the device, the mixer actually appears in the drop down list with the name "Line In (Pioneer DJ DJM-450)".

But, when i select it, i can't ear any sound coming from it. I had already checked the volume slider in the Audio Mixer window but i still don't see any sound activity on its' bar (green/yellow/red).

Nevertheless, i have been able to use Pioneer Rekordbox software with the mixer (via the same USB connection) without any problems for about 2 years now (audio recording has always been excellent as well as controlling the remaining dj gears that i have, which are two turntables and two cdjs 350).

I have updated the mixer's firmware to the latest version as well.

My main goal here is to stream audio from this mixer to facebook or youtube using OBS Studio but i'm not achieving that, because i can't capture its' sound, dunno why.

The only connection that i have is the mixer being connected to my laptop through that USB 2.0 rear port. Thank you!

FerretBomb

It's entirely possible that the mixer only offers an ASIO interface, and not a standard WASAPI channel. By default, OBS does not support ASIO-only devices. You can try installing the obs-asio plugin and add it as an ASIO device, see if OBS can 'see' audio from it that way.

Mark Swanson

It's entirely possible that the mixer only offers an ASIO interface, and not a standard WASAPI channel. By default, OBS does not support ASIO-only devices. You can try installing the obs-asio plugin and add it as an ASIO device, see if OBS can 'see' audio from it that way.
Wow, it sure would have helped if I knew that in the first place! I have spent the last two days trying to get OBS to see two different interfaces, both of them have ASIO type drivers. I have managed to get one of them to work half way but there are issues that I haven't been able to solve. I am a newbie just getting set up, I will look into this plug in. Thanks!

alllright

Thank you guys for both replies. I have managed to install Obs-Asio driver along with asio4all. Rekordbox than allows me to choose asio4all driver as master output, but if i choose it, the sound output to the speakers becomes completely wrecked (noises and clicks all over).

The weird thing is:

When i choose the "DJM-450 ASIO" driver on rekordbox, everything works great on rekordbox but on OBS i don't have any sound whatsoever.

1584891118799.png

When i choose the "Line (PIONEER DJ DJM 450)" driver on rekordbox, everything works great on OBS (i can capture the sound via new Audio Output Capture Device) but then, on rekordbox, i can only manage to have output sound on Channel 1 (with CDJ-350). Channel 2 (with another CDJ-350) doesn't have any sound on the speakers, tho i can fully control it.

1584891276148.png

In OBS i only "see" this guy "Line (PIONEER DJ DJM 450)" driver. Unfortunately, i can't "see" the DJM-450 ASIO one (i think it's because it is a registered driver from Pioneer that is supposed not to be working with 3rd part software, as FerretBomb said).

1584891906090.png

Don't know what else to do. Probably it isn't possible to live stream from rekordbox while controlling a DJM-450 mixer, using OBS, all at the same time. Is it? lol

FerretBomb

Generally ASIO devices can only be accessed by a single program at a time without issues. IIRC there are some ASIO multiplexers out there... I believe someone mentioned ReaRoute by Reaper for something along those lines.

alllright

Well, i will try Jack Audio Connection Kit and try to capture the sound coming from rekordbox and redirect it (by multiplexing it) to OBS. This live streaming thing is getting interesting... lol

I wish i remember my old digital systems lessons, when i actually designed a multiplexer/DAC system.

ShylockSe2

Hiya, did you manage to fix this? I have a DJM250MK2 and sounds like the same issue, it sees it in the OBS but no audio input. Have you run an audio interface from the RCA output?

WBE

Some other remark: "but i can't ear any audio in OBS Studio" Do you mean that the Audio Mixer shows incoming sound, but that you cannot hear anything from the computer's speakers or by using headphones?
In that case: go to the settings of that audio source (gear icon), Advanced Audio Properties, and to the Audio Monitoring dropdown. If the option Monitor Off is selected, change that to Monitor and Output.

Hipnoticsoundz

Thank you guys for both replies. I have managed to install Obs-Asio driver along with asio4all. Rekordbox than allows me to choose asio4all driver as master output, but if i choose it, the sound output to the speakers becomes completely wrecked (noises and clicks all over).

The weird thing is:

When i choose the "DJM-450 ASIO" driver on rekordbox, everything works great on rekordbox but on OBS i don't have any sound whatsoever.

View attachment 52316

When i choose the "Line (PIONEER DJ DJM 450)" driver on rekordbox, everything works great on OBS (i can capture the sound via new Audio Output Capture Device) but then, on rekordbox, i can only manage to have output sound on Channel 1 (with CDJ-350). Channel 2 (with another CDJ-350) doesn't have any sound on the speakers, tho i can fully control it.

View attachment 52317

In OBS i only "see" this guy "Line (PIONEER DJ DJM 450)" driver. Unfortunately, i can't "see" the DJM-450 ASIO one (i think it's because it is a registered driver from Pioneer that is supposed not to be working with 3rd part software, as FerretBomb said).

View attachment 52319

Don't know what else to do. Probably it isn't possible to live stream from rekordbox while controlling a DJM-450 mixer, using OBS, all at the same time. Is it? lol
I have the same issue .. have you solved the problem

David Maros

I had the same issue, tried literally everything. I had visible input from the Xone 96 in the system audio preferences, but the sound never came through in OBS or Audacity.

Loopback solved the issue, see below. Note, the 'Monitors' section is not required, just add the output channel and select 'Loopback Audio' as the audio device in OBS. It costs $100.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 11.42.47 AM.png

David Maros

I had the same issue, tried literally everything. I had visible input from the Xone 96 in the system audio preferences, but the sound never came through in OBS or Audacity.

Loopback solved the issue, see below. Note, the 'Monitors' section is not required, just add the output channel and select 'Loopback Audio' as the audio device in OBS. It costs $100.

Sorry, wrong place to post, this is a Mac solution.

Mark Weiss

My MOTU896 mk III used to work fine with OBS. Until about a month ago, or after the last OBS update. Or a Windows update. Not sure what happened, but now the mixer shows no levels. OBS is the only software that is deaf to this device now. It used to work fine with the MOTU. Something is broken somewhere and it is a recent development.

Auddity

The problem I had using the WaveRT driver was that the OBS mic input was in stereo, leaving my voice only in the left channel. So I don't use that method.

Here's how I get audio into OBS from my MOTU 828. I combined the methods of two other videos I've found somewhere here on the forums (I haven't been able to find the thread again). It may be of use to someone else looking for a solution to this problem.

https://youtu.be/bvo5giyCcoY