Question / Help No sound from Audient ID44

Floatstone

Hi, I am totally new to OBS.

I am a singer-songwrite and I am looking to stream live performances.

I use an Audient ID 44 as audio device. (working fine to record in Logic X)
After Installing OBS I installed IShowU audio capture and followed the steps I got there to setup the audio.
I have no sound coming in to OBS

I have no clue what to do.
All help is welcome.
Thank you

Here is my Last Log file's URL

Tangential

generally, I don't need special software like iShowU or the others just to accept USB audio into OBS. When I plug an audio source in that my Mac recognizes it appears as one of the choices in Settings/Audio that I can assign to one of my inputs (like Mic/Aux)
Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 4.42.33 PM.png

Floatstone

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestion.

The audio Source I use Does show up under OSB's Audio prefs. Using just that or using 'default' (which it is on my Mac) and then Clicking Apply before OKing does not make a difference somehow.

Checking my sound input in my Mac's System Prefs shows the input is registered by OS x but there is no input to be seen on the audio window at the bottom of OBS' screen. No signal, no 'LED' moving when sound is produced.

I have tried restarting MAC and then opening my Audio source's software and OBS in different Orders but no result yet.

Tangential

Thank you very much for your reply and suggestion.

The audio Source I use Does show up under OSB's Audio prefs. Using just that or using 'default' (which it is on my Mac) and then Clicking Apply before OKing does not make a difference somehow.

Checking my sound input in my Mac's System Prefs shows the input is registered by OS x but there is no input to be seen on the audio window at the bottom of OBS' screen. No signal, no 'LED' moving when sound is produced.

I have tried restarting MAC and then opening my Audio source's software and OBS in different Orders but no result yet.
So you have to run software on your mac to control the USB sound source? If that is the case then my advice is probably wrong. That could mean that another program is receiving the audio and its not just an audio source to your mac (like the USB sound card in my example.) If OBS doesn't see any signal from it, then you may indeed need to use SoundFlower or iShowU or something. I use a .99 utility from the Mac App store called AudioSwitcher which shows me all of my devices and lets me do interesting things with them (like bonding them.) You might want to look at that.

Narcogen

OBS does not natively handle arbitrary multichannel devices. It does stereo (the default) or surround sound.

You need other software, like LoopBack by rogue amoeba, to create virtual devices and assign to them the hardware channels you want from the Audient.

Floatstone

OBS does not natively handle arbitrary multichannel devices. It does stereo (the default) or surround sound.

You need other software, like LoopBack by rogue amoeba, to create virtual devices and assign to them the hardware channels you want from the Audient.

Thank you for that info. Streaming through my Audient is worth some $ to me, so I will look into that for sure.
AND:
I have made it simpler to get closer to where problems are situated.

I deleted all previous settings for OBS in my ~/Library/Application Support/obs folder.
I then made my MAc's built-in mic the default in System Prefs and it is working (the meter there shows signal coming in).
I then restarted OBS.
I skipped the set up Wizard
In the Audio Prefs of OBS I set Mic/Auxiliary Audio both to either Built-in mic or Default and I Still do not get audio input into OSB.

So something else (more basic?) is not right either.
But what?

Narcogen

Make sure MacOS has given OBS permission to access your microphones.