Question / Help No Picture on OBS with Canon Vixia r800 and BM ultra studio mini recorder

AL_PFI

Hello! So Ive registered my BM recorder and downloaded Black Magic Desktop Video on my MacBook Pro, I choose my input to be HDMI, and Black Magic Device shows up in OBS sources.I have the input conversions set to none in the BM Desktop Video (The options there are HD 1080 to SD, HD720 to SD and SD to HD). I Have my BM mini recorder selected as the device on 1080i60 mode. My output is in 1920x1080 which is the spec of my camera. All in 30 fps, but I tried 60 and others. Everything is hooked up and I can't get a picture when my camera is on and sending one but when I plug my logitech webcam it'll immediately show a picture. Any help is appreciated! Thanks

Last edited:

AL_PFI

Problem Solved! I MUST EMPHASIZE THE ORDER. Plug in thunderbolt first allow light to come on and black magic desktop to recognize. Open OBS, create a new Black Magic source and then plug HDMI into other side of BM mini recorder and finally the other side into your camera. I did the opposite first time!!